• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

wheelmax...grrrrr

svtkev

CEG'er
Two months ago I ordered a set of Exel wheels from Wheelmax ,about a week ago i noticed the clear coat peeling on the lip so i started the process of getting a manufacturers defect warranty , looks like they are going to replace the wheel ,thing that makes me upset is I cant ship the wheel/tire combo to them and have them put my tire on the new wheel, so I have to pay to get my tire dismounted ,pay to ship the wheel there ,pay to ship the wheel back to me ,pay to get the tire remounted and balanced(ALL SAID AND DONE $50-$55)and they said it may take up to 4 weeks,I would think since its a problem with their product they would absorb some of the cost for me ,but they wont budge,anyone had any dealings like this with Wheelmax?? Dont get me wrong I am happy to just get my wheel replaced but DAMN

Well aint that a b!tch!! Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like you're stuck between a rock and...... an online wheel company! :nonono:
So was this only happening on one of the wheels? I wonder what would cause just one of them to start peeling, and if the others are going to do the same. Good luck!!

Mark

yeah just one wheel,probably made on a friday huh..lol hopefully its just a case of some junk got on the wheel before they clearcoated it , shipping the wheel out wednesday , well see how this whole thing goes (crosses fingers)

Back