• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OFFICIAL MEET: GAS WORKS PARK SEATTLE...

OK definitely count me in. Got my new tires install, rotated, and balanced. Drives great now. Got my system working well, too. Apparently I need whole new hand-brake handle/ratchet assembly, mine is broken.

I have also installed my Mirko Splitter (Home Depot silver-metallic rattle-can for the win!), mounted my carbon fiber cowl hood, cleaned my engine bay, and got ahold of Bill Jenkins at teamfordparts.com who told me my missing jack-point covers should be here within a day or two.

My 'tour is in very good shape now, and I am almost definitely showing up at this meet! I hope the weather is good.

1. Red99CSVT
2. SamSVT18
3. Trademark
4. tropictour
5. DDV
6. shotwell
7. Savior

We are still shooting for this weekend, right? Is it the 15th or the 16th?

Can't wait for this meet, here are a couple pics of what you will see at the meet:

New1-800.jpg

New4-800.jpg

More here, in the Silver Frost thread...
http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=24376&page=10

DAM!!! DUDE!!! Nice... Well shoot i dont even want to bring mine anymore cause im ashamed to:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: lol ... like i got body damage and different parts missing lol:rolleyes: but i think ill stil show up... maybe ill wax mine or somethin to make it look somewhat decent:cry: :cry: lol.... Also im bringing a camera and i video camera maybe to we can take some pics and vids of the cars at this meet... more ppl like to show up to things when they see how cool it was to go before so next time maybe more will come :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone I don't know if I'm going to make it to the meet. My dad passed away Tuesday morning I just got so much happening right now.

WOW! Im sorry man, we totally understand that you cant be there... We will miss you but we understand the circumstances.....

P.S. Hows the weather this weekend? Rain? Sunny? Cause i want to wax it but i can if its raining:mad:

WOW! Im sorry man, we totally understand that you cant be there... We will miss you but we understand the circumstances.....

P.S. Hows the weather this weekend? Rain? Sunny? Cause i want to wax it but i can if its raining:mad:
It just says cloudy as of right now. Who knows what it will be like in 2 days.
-tropictour

Nice! How do those hoods hold up, any separation on the gel coat? how about rock chips?

AF

They are quite strong for being so light-weight, I was surprised. They have a tendency to crack in small places during shipping, but it's not very visible. And they weigh next to NOTHING. I mean I held the entire hood up by myself with one arm while I installed the mounting bolts with the other arm.

SamSVT18 said:
DAM!!! DUDE!!! Nice... Well shoot i dont even want to bring mine anymore cause im ashamed to:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: lol ... like i got body damage and different parts missing lol:rolleyes:

Haha I have chips in my paint too, curb rash on a few rims, and I'm STILL missing two jack-point covers on the passenger side LOL... Ordered them like three weeks ago and they're still not here...:shrug:

I will bring my camera as well...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad Red, that must be hard. Take care buddy, get some rest and try to keep your head up.

Oh and what day is it on? Saturday or Sunday? I must be a retard but I didn't see it posted? Is it the weekend of the 15/16th or the 22nd/23rd?:help:

It just says cloudy as of right now. Who knows what it will be like in 2 days.
-tropictour

OK, DUH :blackeye: . It's obviously on Sunday. You must have been typing this as I was typing my last post; they're only posted 4 minutes apart. What time is everyone showing up? 2-3pm? Later? Remember; it gets dark around 6-7, and we want some good daytime pics to show off! I can show up anytime.

Well this is just fricken lame.... I now will not be able to attend the meeting at Gas Works:cry: :cry: .... because i am officially grounded:nonono: ... So i am terribly sorry and will not be able to attend... So pls though we need to have one of these again .... very soon!!! Pls.... This may sound like a lame excuse but trust me i am livid right now about the whole thing:mad: :mad: :mad: ... so very soon though we need to have one of these meets again.:laugh:

Oh bummer! Oh well, I guess this is just an opportunity to get your stuff fixed up before you attend a meet. If you need parts, teamfordparts.com has pretty reasonably priced parts. You could order them piece by piece.

DDV and Savior: Thanks for coming out!

What happened to everyone else? The list was longer than three. :nonono:

Here's a couple of pics from this afternoon:

dxfn7a.jpg

ilvvvl.jpg

hey guys sorry I flaked I was covering for a buddy at work and didnt make it out in time.. Looks like the weather could have been better....

It was cloudy and a little chilly, what with the breeze and all, but it didn't rain the whole time we were there. I got there just before 3 and I think we all left around 5.

It was a good meet! Small, but good.

Shotwell--how many of those Dick's burgers did you get?

(I was originally going to go back through Fremont to get back to downtown, but changed my mind and ended up heading to the freeway.)

Yes, it was a good little meet for my first one. DDV's exhaust sounds great and Shotwell's tranny is a beast. We exchanged stories, shot the breeze, and totally geeked out over our cars' specs and mods. I had fun, even though I was freezing my butt off, lol.

Definitely looking forward to another meet, a bigger one. Maybe a drive, or maybe at someone's pad, so we can all bring "tools and beer" as DDV put it, and take our Contours apart in the hopes of making them work better! I can't think of a better time. :laugh:

Dick's Drive In rocks! A couple of Specials and some fries...nothing huge.

Funny story...when you drove by and reved up, there were a couple of guys standing there who made a laughing comment, something like "damn ricers" or whatever. I had to interject "actually, that was a Ford, and it's pretty fast" I ended up showing them my car. I think they were impressed, mainly because they asked intelligent questions. Maybe one of them was converted!

Your exhaust is still too loud DDV, IMO :tongue:

I'd like to do another meet in April. I think I'll start a thread on that...

Back