• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

gold or bronze e1's?

the only paint stripper that makes the paint fall off that i have used it marine strip. i have no idea where to find it though. it was just in my house.

yah I think the kind I got is just suppose to loosen the paint so you can sand it easier. not sure though guess i'll find out when I try it.

do you think using aircraft paint spripper would work? also could you post pics if you clear them?

yah I think the kind I got is just suppose to loosen the paint so you can sand it easier. not sure though guess i'll find out when I try it.

it will bubble the paint off but you will have to do several coates. very thin coates with a paint brush,and when you apply it only use one motion and dont rub back over it again or it will not react as well

well I got it in a spray can, so yah could I just spray it in one direction? thanks for the tips scott im thinking about doing this up next weekend I just gotta get everything cleared up before I tackle it

:mad: I think the links are broken? I cannot see any of the photos (and am interested in seeing what Bronze, or something similar would look like on a Black SVT) if anyone has any recent picuturs or knows how to get the ones in this thread... let me know.... I'll keep searching in the mean time :shrug:

I just made the same post, about doing basically the same thing basically to my T-red/tan interior 2000 CSVT. Check out my post & the pics I'll add later today. Pic of my 98 Subaru 2.5RS that came stock with bright gold wheels might give ya a reference point.

No matter what anyone else says, it's all a matter of your personal preference. I like to have my cars look different (in a good way) and stand out from the rest.

* Here's a pic of my old MY98 Impreza 2.5RS... (sorry bout the large size)

f3f1_3.jpg

e850_3.jpg

eeec_3.jpg

Pic of my 98 Subaru 2.5RS that came stock with bright gold wheels might give ya a reference point.

Perfect.... I was looking for Bronze and it was too dark.... Gold IMHO is to bright.... so looks like i'll be going for something inbetween.... thanks for the pics!

* Here's a pic of my old MY98 Impreza 2.5RS... (sorry bout the large size)
is there such a thing? :shrug:

Back