• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

kid crashes daddys new stang

When I went to get new tires, the guy who drove it around parked it in 1st and I started it and dropped the clutch thinking I was in neutral like always, I had to jam the clutch back in before smacking the cinderblock in front of me :nonono:

I love how you can hear the supercharger wine a little as the kid mashes the gas into the garage instead of the brake. Simple mistake, I guess :shrug:

:laugh:

That is your own fault! I never have ever left my car in neutral. I suppose it is because I park on an incline and I don't like using the ebrake as my #1 parking assist.

My buddy got a brand new M3 a few years back. He let me drive it and I left it in first gear. He proceeded to get in it an put it into the bush I parked in front of. This was also like day 1 for him driving a stick. He was really pissed at me at first, but he got over it. I think...:blackeye:

I learned to drive a manual at age 15 and I was taught to leave the car in gear because the e brake isn't a sure thing.

when i park i always put it in gear and the parking brake. then when i get back in it gose into neutral. i dont want it going anywere.
its just to bad cause parts for that car are so hard to come by

one of the first things i do when getting into a car with a stick is make sure its in neutral, its a habit, i do it without even thinking about it.
and the funny part is i will usually do it more than once before i turn the key.

i am the exact same way.

can never call that one a bad habbit -- helped me out more then a few times when i glance and assume i am in neutral when i am actually in first or reverse. not that i cannot remember what gear i leave my own car in, this is best to know when getting into OTHER people's cars. sorta the same thing as knowing how to drive a stick even though you may only drive a automatic; you NEED to know how to drive a manual incase of a emergency.

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to sleep after performing that one... lol, starting a car in gear never used to be a problem.. unless you have that much torque.

obviously the kid had pressed the clutch, started it and then pet the clutch out.
you can hear the tires chirp.
and you can also hear the exhaust note fluctuate, so i think the kid hit the gas a little too.

one of the first things i do when getting into a car with a stick is make sure its in neutral, its a habit, i do it without even thinking about it.
and the funny part is i will usually do it more than once before i turn the key.

me too. it's like a pre flight check list. get in, insert key, turn to acc, adjust whatever, foot on brake, foot on clutch, car out of gear, start car.

Well, after some browsing on another forum I go to occasionally. I found these on RX7club.com.

f243c587.jpg
f243c587-1.jpg
f243c587-2.jpg
f243c587-3.jpg
f243c587-4.jpg

Same Mustang, just the aftermath. I apologize on the size and quality, but that's all I could find. Apparently someone over on that forum works at the dealership that sold the car. Lol.

Back