• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tried searching, but couldn't find any...

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
...pre 98 hightowers, or anything like that. Has anyone tried that at all? It may look pretty cool. If anyone has them, please post pics. I may experiment once I restore my headlights...:shrug:

yes. some have tried it. i think they were pretty much unsuccesful cos the headlights for the pre 98 are quite different as per the construction design. it doesnt come off piece by piece like the post98s. it doesnt also have the chrome inserts like we do. thats what i read about it in the lighting forums.

yes. some have tried it. i think they were pretty much unsuccesful cos the headlights for the pre 98 are quite different as per the construction design. it doesnt come off piece by piece like the post98s. it doesnt also have the chrome inserts like we do. thats what i read about it in the lighting forums.

Thanks. I wasn't getting any luck in the new/old forums for some reason. YA, I figured if Fuz doesn't have then, noone does...:shrug:

I dont think you could really even see the painted insides of the headlights since the lense isn't really clear.
I did it with a set of headlights once. there is so little that you can actually paint without hurting performance that you really cant see it unless your about 6" from the light. :crazy: if i still have one of the lights ill get some pictures but i think i got ride of them a while back.

Thanks! Do you guys have any tips for some FREE, small and sbtle mods that can clean up the appearance of my aging car? Once it's cleaned, I'm going to play with the badges a bit. After that (and some other small stuff...), its STBs FTW!!!

Hey wannabe, I'm in the works now of constructing a new mesh grille for the pre98. Once I get mine on and verify that I like it, send me a stock grille and I'll make it pretty :)

Hey wannabe, I'm in the works now of constructing a new mesh grille for the pre98. Once I get mine on and verify that I like it, send me a stock grille and I'll make it pretty :)

Thanks!

PM OTW about burnin phonebook. I swear, I'm gunna make this happen!:laugh:

Back