• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Twin Turbo Contour

If the turbos were that far back from the motor, wouldn't the turbo lag alone be not worth it?

Anyways, I think what we can all get out of this post is:
1) A twin-turbo, 600hp Monstour would be sweet
2) There's too much to go wrong to justify the initial cost
3) Why would someone THAT committed to their Contour never join CEG and post pix?

Cheers,
-The new guy
Not that I want to get in the middle of this but I came across this website http://www.ststurbo.com/ and they sell remote-mounted twin turbo systems so you can turbocharge any car. Just remember I don't no anything about turbocharging but I thought this might be interesting. Sorry for butting in.

Not that I want to get in the middle of this but I came across this website http://www.ststurbo.com/ and they sell remote-mounted twin turbo systems so you can turbocharge any car. Just remember I don't no anything about turbocharging but I thought this might be interesting. Sorry for butting in.

Yeah, sts turbo systems have been covered quite a bit in the forced induction forum. Have their advantages and disadvantages...mostly disadvantages imho.

Why would you assume that? Assume for a moment they were talking about the Zetec, it's not the same car, the engine bay is different. Also, I'm pretty sure the discussion was about the Duratec.

Well a focus has a small I4 and has more room under the hood than a V6 Contour. A twin turbo kit could be done a contour, but still, whats the point? 400 hp is about the limits in this FWD platform. 1 or 2 turbo's will net you the same result.

Theres more that I have written in the Forced Induction FAQ stickied at the top of the page.

FWIW, every single car thats been posted with twin turbos has been a show car. Reliability and driveability are not taken into consideration like those who drive our cars daily.

Well a focus has a small I4 and has more room under the hood than a V6 Contour. A twin turbo kit could be done a contour, but still, whats the point? 400 hp is about the limits in this FWD platform. 1 or 2 turbo's will net you the same result.

Theres more that I have written in the Forced Induction FAQ stickied at the top of the page.

FWIW, every single car thats been posted with twin turbos has been a show car. Reliability and driveability are not taken into consideration like those who drive our cars daily.

i agree. besides, a twin turbo in a focus is USELESS. i just came back from a dyno session where resides a 500WHP focus. single turbo. He's spinning tires on the freeway for crying out loud!!!

it was a racing zetec focus. and later in the description of the car they say he switched it back to one turbo because it made no difference having 2. and i was unaware that this was about the v6. jeez dont get ur pantys in a bunch ppl...it was just a picture.

Back