• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CAI, Need Your Help

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
A while ago, I remember seeing someone post an intake that was, well, a true CAI. But it wasn't in straights and elbows, just one long extension. I KNOW for sure I saw it on here, but I cant find it now and I've looked everywhere. I know this is really vague, but do you guys think you could help me out?

Thanks
Mike

Theres the Custom Cougars but IIRC they do not make it anymore
And then there the Nautilus CAI i have on installed on my car..Heres a picture
Link to there site.
http://nautilusperformance.com/

IMG_0152.jpg

I thought this version was really cool. It was custom made. All i got was pictures and i always thought of building one for myself. But i just ended up buying the NP-CAI

306542165.jpg

306542163.jpg

The intake acutally went so close to the front lower valance. It was a good and bad idea. Good for cold air, bad for all the crap that was being thrown at the filter cause of other drivers infront of you.

Last edited:
you dont have too,it depends on the size of your battery. i've installed one were it fit in w/out relocating anything

What model car aftermarket pipe did you use?

Did you add your own nipple tubes for the hoses to connect to or did you weld them on yourself?

it was part of my old pgt/mx6 intake. i added my old nipples. the stock plastic ones already in the hoses. i just jb welded them in after i marked and drilled holes:shrug: really easy,the filter now sits down by the subframe. on the pgt's the filter hang's below the engine bay..in the summer i might change it to run like that:cool:
that was just for pictures sake..i'm currently working on sanding down the jbweld to give it a smoother look,i want to add a bigger filter too

Back