• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Return of Connecticut Dragway!!!

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
That's right! Everyone who can, go to the Colchester Town Hall and sign the petition! It needs 8,000 signatures to pass!!!
WOOT!!!!!!!!!

:nonono: :eek: I can't believe you two!!! It was the 'strip that was in Colcheser. It was shut down about 20 years ago. I figured some of the oldies would be excited. I sure as hell am. It'll be a drag strip TEN MINUTES AWAY FROM MY HOUSE!!!! I say when it opens, we will be the first there. Drag meet FTW!

yeah because we all have heard of a place thats been closed for 20 years ....

the contour isn't for drag racing anyway ....:nonono:

Hector most likely dyno'd his

he did when it had the super charger, everyone ran out of the dyno bay as it was way to loud .... and it made more power then the SE's that had dyno'd

they also tried in 04 but couldn't get a good tach signal.

and devanmc is goign to dyno this year at SZ, but I don't know if he will have his engine/trans swap done by then

Seeing as I'm in my mid 40's and lived in CT all my life and have never heard of it there's probably not too many outside of Colchester that would remember it.

Need more info on it. A webpage link maybe? :shrug:

Seeing as I'm in my mid 40's and lived in CT all my life and have never heard of it there's probably not too many outside of Colchester that would remember it.

Need more info on it. A webpage link maybe? :shrug:

No web page. It has been closed for 20 years. My main point is that there finally will be a drag strip in CT. Who care whos heard of it, ITS A DRAG STRIP!:cool:

No web page. It has been closed for 20 years. My main point is that there finally will be a drag strip in CT. Who care whos heard of it, ITS A DRAG STRIP!:cool:

yeah and I'm saying who care that isn't a drag strip in CT ... contour are not for drag racing ... and I doubt it going to be a high quality facility ...

yeah and I'm saying who care that isn't a drag strip in CT ... contour are not for drag racing ... and I doubt it going to be a high quality facility ...

It's a place to have fun and watch faster cars. What? You don't enjoy sticking your foot in it? Who care how fast everyone else's car is, I won't be going there to set any records...

Also a good place to keep my idiot friends from wrapping their cars around poles 'cause they can't stay away from Rt. 11:shrug:

Well yeah it's been closed for a long time but I assumed that if someone or an organization was tring to reopen it that they might have a web page to promote it!

I guess what I'm saying is other than you how can we find out more info on it. When would it be up and running? Where is it? How much??

Brian, don't some of the folks at SZ do a drag day? I guess it doesn't stop them from trying to drag the tours'.

Well yeah it's been closed for a long time but I assumed that if someone or an organization was tring to reopen it that they might have a web page to promote it!

I guess what I'm saying is other than you how can we find out more info on it. When would it be up and running? Where is it? How much??

Brian, don't some of the folks at SZ do a drag day? I guess it doesn't stop them from trying to drag the tours'.

Now I see what you're saying. I haven't heard much except for the 8,000 votes thing, and that it will be on Buckley Hill Rd. in Colchester. I'll talk to some people and see what I can dig up.

yeah alot of them do, but no one from New England has ever gone, as far as I know.

yeah I might try it once but all I can think of is a FFW up at epping .... a focus comes to the line, brings the revs up, and when teh light goes green it jumps forward ....

and then nothing, all you see is fluid pouring out of the bottom of the car ... everyone at the same time said the mtx75 is not meant for drag racing :laugh:

but I'm with you, lets have more details then it hasn't been open for 20 years and it may open again .... there has to be info out there somewhere ...

oh and they do 100 ft drags somewhere in ct also ... 100 ft drags

here's ur 8000 singnatures

http://www.petitiononline.com/JayHass/petition.html

and heres what its for

http://www.wtnh.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=2229780&h1=Need%20for%20speed%20-%20by%20News%20Channel%208%27s%20Bob%20Wilson&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=125800&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=97515292

and i already signed it cause us cougar owners who don't drive sEvt's like to drag race....cause we are faster then the sEvt's. But you need to understand that the old CT Dragway is now owned by consumer reports as a testing sight for their cars. And the location of the dragway aka getting there is through neighborhoods where people complain all the time cause you get stupid people doing stupid things. Maybe Mohegan Sun can help us out?:help: They got money.

P.S. You dyno the 4 cyl, I dyno my Lawn mower.

I looked it up on Google Maps and saw its proximity to established neighborhoods. There is little chance it will pass without a new driveway to main streets.

And if newcat is right and it is owned by CR, then there's no way the government can force them to open it up.

Back