• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Projects to get the Merc ready for Carlisle All Ford Nationals, what are ur thoughts?

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
First 3 things i really wanna do is change up the interior and the exhaust...

Mystique088.jpg

I was thinking of doing the carpet on the doors black and keeping the rest blue by using duplicolors vinyl paint..
Mystique094.jpg

Idea's on that???

also, i bought a Thrush glass pack for a resonator delete,and i'm thinking of running a straight pipe out the back to get rid of the muffler...
Mystique089.jpg

The third is clean out the car, i've been practically living out of it since i got it and its gotten a little crazy...
Mystique090.jpg

Mystique091.jpg

those are the 3 main things, and for another small side project, i wanna make a custom intake tube so it doesnt look like this for the show...
Mystique071.jpg

And although getting another one of these would be nice, i doubt it considering i dont have my Tempo to show and that there are a lot more and much nicer Contours that i'll be showing against...
Mystique096.jpg

For sure move cleaning out your car to number one on the list. Then maybe it'll give you that "different" interior look you're going for:shrug:.....Clean:)

haha, yes i know the car is in desperate need of a clean, i have a bumper from my Tempo, rear dums and shoes from the mystique, all my tools, clothes, magazenes, and so on in it, but when it IS clean, all the blue seems to bore me, i think it needs more black...

also, is there anything i can do for under a hundred bucks to fix this ugliness???

Carpics002.jpg

Last edited:
i'll sell you some e1 svt rims for 100..that should help:shrug: svt exhaust could help...have one of those too. try to find some se sideskirts,paint the grill body color. your interior isnt midnight blue,but close. find some svt leather seats.

Stop wasting time with small misc mods and get a cheap set of wheels for the love of god!
the paint and glass pack were things i had sitting around or things that i had gift certificates for, i dont exactly have the money for rims due to college.. but 95t, where are u located? do the rims have tires? how good of condition are they in? i really do appreciate the offer, but if i'm gonna spend money on rims, i want them to be in pretty decent shape.

the rims are perfect. wieghts never mounted on the outside. tires are in decent shape. passed inspection here. but i'd say its there last year. i'm in ny,but have family in york,pa. and will be heading that way shortly to pick up a mirko:cool:

wheels wheels wheels, air intake, paint valve cover, clean the interior extensively.

the rims are perfect. wieghts never mounted on the outside. tires are in decent shape. passed inspection here. but i'd say its there last year. i'm in ny,but have family in york,pa. and will be heading that way shortly to pick up a mirko:cool:

Sounds like this is the answer! $100 for wheels AND tires.... :shocked: DO IT!!!!

Mark

well i live in the harrisburg/lebanon area... when are u planning on comming down? maybe we could meet up? are u gonna show at in the AFN in Carlisle?

yeah,i'm going to AFN. i plan on heading down there as soon as i can. right not the snow storms is kicking my arse:nonono:

Duluth. Its in upper Minnesota. Right on the point end of Lake Superior.

You can PM me info.. Dont wanna hijack the thread. Even though I already did. LOL..

Last edited:
Back