• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SoOoOoOo...

JD

Your post put things in perspective for me today. It has just been one of those bad mornings. I'm just in a pissed off mood. Your post made me realize that things could be much worse for me and to suck it up.

I am sorry about your friend and wife. I hope the tests turn out for the best. My thought are with you both.

29? Suck! That is crazy. Good luck with the tests on your wife.

I needed a little perspective right now as well. It could be a whole lot worse. My little family is happy and healthy. Things are pretty good, could be better, could be a WHOLE LOT worse.

Good luck.

Thankyou everyone, I really didn't want to say, but you are all my friends. I really enjoyed meeting everyone at the summer meet.

We just got back, needs even more tests but things r looking not so good.. She is a good girl, I love her god, please don't do this.

I hope everything works out for you guys. Always hope for the best! My prayers are with you guys.

I never got around to posting about it, but I recently just lost a cousin. He just turned 27, just graduated from college to be a Pharmaceutical Technician.

Connecticut Surfer Drowns at Coast Guard Beach

EASTHAM, Mass. (AP) -- Authorities have released the name of the surfer who died in heavy surf off Coast Guard Beach in Eastham, Massachusetts over the weekend.

The Eastham Fire Department says today that 27-year-old Vincent Narciso of Waterbury, Connecticut, died at a hospital on Saturday evening after being pulled from the water by another surfer.

Witnesses told rescuers that Narciso had slumped on his board and fallen into the water.

He was in full cardiac arrest when rescuers arrived and started C-P-R. He was pronounced dead at 5:51 p-m at the hospital.

It's very sad to see someone so young with so much ahead of them to die like that. I don't think I've ever seen so many people at a wake. Everyone couldn't believe how many people he knew that showed up to pay their respects.

I hope everything works out for you guys. Always hope for the best! My prayers are with you guys.

I never got around to posting about it, but I recently just lost a cousin. He just turned 27, just graduated from college to be a Pharmaceutical Technician.

It's very sad to see someone so young with so much ahead of them to die like that. I don't think I've ever seen so many people at a wake. Everyone couldn't believe how many people he knew that showed up to pay their respects.

I think he was a friend of my brother's too. Small world huh.

What is with the friends drowning recently? RIP Jack 7-29-06 :(

JD, I have to echo cruises8's post as well. I just did some reading up on lupus. Good luck with the results - haven't met either of you yet but hope to soon!

lol thanks for stopping by Mike and Kim, good thing we dont have pics of what you guys made me do! :laugh::laugh:

lol thanks for stopping by Mike and Kim, good thing we dont have pics of what you guys made me do! :laugh::laugh:

Hey goonz I forgot I snapped this while heading south. Just made me think of ya.

HPIM0301.jpg

Jd, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and your wife. :(
I wish her the best. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

lol thanks JD!! I wonder whats in that trailor :drool:

Im ever so sorry to hear about your wife, I hope and pray everything will be fine

As an update...

Had my interview today...presentation went fine, Q&A went not that sweet. I interviewed with a physicist,electrical engineer, and computer engineer. They were throwing me questions left and right that I hadn't thought about in years. Finally we got to talking about data logging and cars. One of the guys owns an early 90s SHO and 04 taurus wagon with eibachs :crazy: So we had some solid duratec talk for about 10 minutes. I've got his vote but not sure about the other guys lol. Well it was good experience either way. I'm definitely getting better at interviewing with each pass.

I was always thrown off by subject-related questions I was asked. My favorite interviews were the ones that went "well you graduated from WPI so I guess you're smart, so let's ask some personality questions" :dizzy:
Suppose it helped though that a lot of the jobs I applied to did not have a huge amount to do with my actual major, since MIS is a broad major to begin with.

You're definitely wicked smart - soon enough you'll get a job where you'll get satisfaction proving it. And the $$ you'll be earning helps :) every engineer I know makes a ton just coming out of college!

And the $$ you'll be earning helps :) every engineer I know makes a ton just coming out of college!
you need to add an "almost" to the beginning of that.
there are us dumb engineers that cant land a good paying job!
i was making as much as i am now working at the garage as an unlicensed mechanic...and will most likely be back there in January.

you need to add an "almost" to the beginning of that.
there are us dumb engineers that cant land a good paying job!
i was making as much as i am now working at the garage as an unlicensed mechanic...and will most likely be back there in January.

yeah the job market for mechanical engineers lately is suckhole! :mad:

Sorry ElKy. Mech eng seems to be the difficult one - one of my friends (who is also mech eng) is having a wicked tough time finding a job too, he's been interviewing at two companies for the past month straight, among other interviews, and neither has been committal yet. But everyone else - the civil, electrical, computer, and aerospace engineers I know are doing quite well for themselves. Granted they also scattered all over the country - California, Kansas, Seattle to name a few.

yeah, if i wanted to relocate i could find a jobe more easily, but i don't want to relocate.
i love how on Monster, i have 'Will not relocate' on there, yet i get tons of emails from companies on the other side of the country!
fools!

yeah, if i wanted to relocate i could find a jobe more easily, but i don't want to relocate.
i love how on Monster, i have 'Will not relocate' on there, yet i get tons of emails from companies on the other side of the country!
fools!

Same here. Also, all the answers to the questions that I didn't know at the interview are slowly coming to me and they were sooo easy!! ahhhh!

Back