• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SoOoOoOo...

Also they want me to bring a copy of my transcripts. How do I explain all those less than stellar classes that I had to retake?
stretch the truth (struggled with the course material) and leave out the negative details (too busy screwing around to study or do your assignments).
:)
Are you really expecting them to discuss your transcript with you during the interview?

I dont know what to expect. It's only my 2nd real interview! :shrug: I expect them to look at it and see two F's followed by "repeat forgiveness" and not care to look at how my followup grades were. It's a shame too because I'm pretty well qualified for this job. I plan to talk about how well I did in project oriented classes like my senior design which was almost exactly what I'd be doing at this place.

I dont know what to expect. It's only my 2nd real interview! :shrug: I expect them to look at it and see two F's followed by "repeat forgiveness" and not care to look at how my followup grades were. It's a shame too because I'm pretty well qualified for this job. I plan to talk about how well I did in project oriented classes like my senior design which was almost exactly what I'd be doing at this place.

that sounds like good idea ... also maybe it is just to look at your GPA ... maybe look at it this way, if they see the F's and you took the time to retake the course so you could pass and therefor get your degree it so that you are dertermined to pass and work until a task is complete and those could be very desirable traits to this company ...

i will let him tell it.
i got a kick out of it when he called me to tell me!
hehe

LOL well no I tightened all the lugz with the key mike provided but the last nut I was tightening, I was kinda tired so I did it at a bad angle where the key just snapped. I just got in my new gorilla lugz anyways.

Ooo and the story, so I use elky's key and am getting ready to leave, I get to the end of the street waiting to pull out, this cop is driving by, (fat old grumpy cop) turns in the street and turns on his lights, I roll down my window and he asks me where I live and then proceeded to threaten me that if he sees me again with that tint, it will be a $250 ticketm 2nd offense will be $500 and 3rd $750..and just like that he rolled his window up and left. I stayed there gazed tyhinking wtf just happened! The people at that oil change place were outside and heard everything, they were cracking up at the face I had after the cop left

I hate lowell..

Ooo and the story, so I use elky's key and am getting ready to leave, I get to the end of the street waiting to pull out, this cop is driving by, (fat old grumpy cop) turns in the street and turns on his lights, I roll down my window and he asks me where I live and then proceeded to threaten me that if he sees me again with that tint, it will be a $250 ticketm 2nd offense will be $500 and 3rd $750..and just like that he rolled his window up and left. I stayed there gazed tyhinking wtf just happened! The people at that oil change place were outside and heard everything, they were cracking up at the face I had after the cop left

I hate lowell..

That sucks...probably DWB at it's finest :nonono:

Bah!! My car broke down today! :mad:

The starter took a dump at work when I left for lunch this afternoon. Turned the key, and just got the sound of the starter spinning and gears grinding.

So my co-worker helped me pop start the car today around 5:00 PM and I got it home. Now I gotta spend my night replacing the starter with the one from the parts car. :mad:

Bah!! My car broke down today! :mad:

The starter took a dump at work when I left for lunch this afternoon. Turned the key, and just got the sound of the starter spinning and gears grinding.

So my co-worker helped me pop start the car today around 5:00 PM and I got it home. Now I gotta spend my night replacing the starter with the one from the parts car. :mad:

plus side you have one right there that you can install and you go home so not a bad deal me thinks ... but it still sucks that it happened

I've been so busy, I don't even have time to take a crap. :mad:

Work is really cutting into my life. I run around like a mad man all over town during the day at work, barely get a sec. to sit down in my office and relax for a few mins. I left work today after 5:30 when I should of left at 4.

It's starting to get me a little depressed. It seems like I lost touch with friends and just enjoying life. I have friends messaging me on Myspace wondering where the hell I've been and how come I don't reply to them. By the time I leave work, and get home, all I want to do is sit down, eat, and relax in front of the TV. Friday comes around and my g/f wants to go out and I just don't feel like it. :bah::cry:
The same, minus the GF, minus cable TV and internet at the apartment. (I'm at my friends' apartment right now.)

Usually when I'm feeling this way I go out for a drive right after work, but around here there's no such thing as driving for fun when you have to battle 2 hours of Boston commuter traffic. I was actually all set to go on a nice long drive an hour ago; walking out my door I heard the honking and stuff and said screw it. :shrug:

Ok, so WTF is wrong with my car......:shrug:

Spent a little while pulling the starter from the parts car with my stepdad. Finally got it pulled and decided it was too much to battle installing it on my car tonight. I said I would take the day off tomorrow and do it.

I got in the car and tried to start it and show him the sound it was making, and it started perfectly. I tried it 4-5 times, with no problems, no sounds. I moved the car, turned it off, tried again, no problems. :help:

I don't know what to do now. Bad starter? Damaged flywheel? :confused:

I'm posting in Troubleshooting in a few mins.

Sounds like the starter about to go. I had the exact same problem with my (ATX) Contour for about a year, never fixed it.

Whenever it would happen (roughly once a month) I'd take the keys out, count to ten and try again and it usually started fine.

Last edited:
either a flaky starter or a bad spot on the fly wheel ... but since you just did the engine swap I would figure you would have noticed if there was a bad spot on it ... so that would leave the starter ... when I had one start to go on my tempo it would work some of the time, tapping it with a hammer made it work ... so it may be the starter itself or the gears in the starter, either way replacing it sounds like the best bet

Yeah, I think I might replace it this weekend. Just add to the list of crap I need to do with this car. I'm just about ready to give up, I swear.

Think it's worth it to run a starter with 93k miles? I figure since it's sitting there, I'm obviously not going to sell the starter to anyone, might as well save myself $200 buying a new one.

If it is the starter, I'm at 119k with the original, so I figure I can pull at least another 30k out of the one from the parts car.

Ooo I haven't posted in a while.

New job working out (a little hit to the pocket) however the stress is gone, the work is fun. And I always feel good. Florida was awesome, I have to post the pics just haven't had a chance, lot of it just highway because the camera died lol.

On the other hand, **** is rolling down hill. My good friend died of a heart attack at age 29... My wife is finding out today if she has lupus, it started with her hands swelling up so bad I had to cut her rings off, she has been threw tons of tests. I hope to god she doesn't have lupus, today we should have the final answer.... I shouldn't be posting this, to depressing, sorry.

Ooo I haven't posted in a while.

New job working out (a little hit to the pocket) however the stress is gone, the work is fun. And I always feel good. Florida was awesome, I have to post the pics just haven't had a chance, lot of it just highway because the camera died lol.

On the other hand, **** is rolling down hill. My good friend died of a heart attack at age 29... My wife is finding out today if she has lupus, it started with her hands swelling up so bad I had to cut her rings off, she has been threw tons of tests. I hope to god she doesn't have lupus, today we should have the final answer.... I shouldn't be posting this, to depressing, sorry.

best of luck to the both of you, it sucks when things like this happen to good people ...

JD

Your post put things in perspective for me today. It has just been one of those bad mornings. I'm just in a pissed off mood. Your post made me realize that things could be much worse for me and to suck it up.

I am sorry about your friend and wife. I hope the tests turn out for the best. My thought are with you both.

Back