• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bordem set in...

TheMexicanJob

Banned?
Since i'm going for a black and orange theme with the truck, tan isn't gunna work out. so i started taking everything apart to paint black, i don't have the time/money to hunt down a black interior (if they exist) so this is what i have to do.

I didn't take any before pics, but i plan to add pics as i do more, but since i'm not in a rush it may not see updates everyday. i'm also still debating if i want to pull the dash or just mask a lot and paint it in the truck.

DSC_1090Large.jpg

DSC_1091Large.jpg

This is what happens when i have stubborn bolts, i had to do this multiple times for the bolts in the truck, which sucked.

DSC_1092Large.jpg

cut out half the carpet to get more access to the back.

DSC_1093Large.jpg

and now the rest in no particular order...

DSC_1095Large.jpg

DSC_1096Large.jpg

DSC_1099Large.jpg

DSC_1100Large.jpg

DSC_1101Large.jpg

if you had more time i'd say do a custom dash and center console. that truck is begging for it :cool:

Yes the newer rangers do have black interiors.

I think black is a good color. I keep trying to think of different colors for the interior but nothing comes to mind but tan or black.

Not to talk smack by any means, but while you're fixing things up you might want to wrap up the front of the door shell's paint. Very easy to do, and would complete the total package.

Have you thought about doing aestheticly pleasing sections of your dash in FG? Like maybe the lower half totally smoothed out and in body color, and the top half (or however much would look good) in the new interior material (leather or whatever).
If you do a FG custom console, it'd go along very nice with the other body color interior pieces

Alright everyone, so i did a little more work today...

I didn't want to get burned out or screw up, which is why i'm pacing myself, plus i can't even paint and reassemble till the temps get back up, stupid michigan weather.

so anyways here's what i got done today.

My fear of a passenger air bag went away when i looked up into the dash, and saw no airbag, so for me, that was good haha

DSC_1105Large.jpg

Stripped the rest of the cab, pulled the headliner, rear panels, cargo cover, etc.

DSC_1107Large.jpg

As i was pulling some other stuff off the dash and whatnot i found a lot more "mystery" wiring, i found an open positive lead wire coming off the alarm box, which i assume is for the security light. but none the less, these open connections aren't making me too happy from the previous owner.

but here are the other pics. pulled out the rest of the carpet and anything that wasn't a molded piece of the dash.

DSC_1108Large.jpg

DSC_1109Large.jpg

DSC_1110Large.jpg

and i know i haven't pulled the door panels yet, i don't really need to at the moment, so no point in doing it yet. :)

DONT SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will kick yourself in the "eh-hole" every time you look in the driveway and/or garage and don't see it there.:shrug:

I think you should go with the mustang dash, from what I read awhile back when I had my ranger they fit without modification. I think that would look awesome or go a one off fiberglass dash since your in no hurry.

Back