• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking to Upp a BAT TRANNY!

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
I am going to purchase a BAT TRANNY and have it sent to TH!

I am going to put in a
QUAIFE
Coated Kogbox
Slick Shift Forks
Keyed Tower

I am not sure wut else i should do.

Any input on this and what i should do including the benefits?

thanks

- amyn

I do not track, no dragging.

I DRIVE MY CAR HARD (Always on Redline)! and wouldnt mind going to the track every now and then a couple times a year 2-5 MAX, same with dragging!

I want to be able to do things like that when i want to and not worry about the car.

Also in the future, probably far future, but I am planning on putting a NAUTILUS Performance Stage 2 all upgraded Turbo!

Any other things I can do for the tranny let me know if there is anything you have done or heard of can be done for preventative/performance upgrades.

- amyn

call Terry up and tell him your plans and he can suggest what to do.

since the euro trans already has the zetec final drive you don't need to do that.

but the coated gears, keyed tower, etc, etc are all worth it from my understanding. And I will find out soon also.

I am going to purchase a BAT TRANNY and have it sent to TH!

I am going to put in a
QUAIFE
Coated Kogbox
Slick Shift Forks
Keyed Tower

I am not sure wut else i should do.

Any input on this and what i should do including the benefits?

thanks

- amyn

This is what my tranny has except I have a Torsen. The coated internals(Koated Kogbox) are, imho, a must have. Even with my Spec Stage 1 clutch, it is nearly silent.

I don't think there is anything else you need except make sure that a new FORD throwout bearing is installed.

I really dont see anything else on Fordcontour.org that shows other things that can be done to the tranny. Im sure more can be done!

- amyn

Im looking for things that may benefit me smartie pants!!!! :laugh:

I think that will do but im planning on keeping the car for a while!

- amyn

Have fun spending all that money... Remember its not a bad idea to shop around for better prices on things...

Have fun spending all that money... Remember its not a bad idea to shop around for better prices on things...

So true. Skip the coated kog box and slick shift forks for sure. Not worth the money. Get the Quaife or Torsen and call it good. If you want roller forks, get the focus shift forks, i.e. same thing but not on all forks. Like $20 vs $300.

call Terry up and tell him your plans and he can suggest what to do.

since the euro trans already has the zetec final drive you don't need to do that.

but the coated gears, keyed tower, etc, etc are all worth it from my understanding. And I will find out soon also.

so when u say the euro trans do u mean the ones from england? Im from texas but im living in england now and have a ford mondeo st24 which is like the contour in the states so would my car have the zetec final drive already in it :confused:

any info is appreciated thanks :)

so when u say the euro trans do u mean the ones from england? Im from texas but im living in england now and have a ford mondeo st24 which is like the contour in the states so would my car have the zetec final drive already in it :confused:

any info is appreciated thanks :)

can't say myself. I can't find the item in the BAT catalog anymore ... but these units where imported and had a different final drive ratio then the standard US spec units ...

me either, i looked up on there im sure they used to have the gearbox on there, my gearbox that i brought was from a year 2000 st24 which is one of the last of the mk2 before they went to the newer shape ones like the st220 ones, ill look up to see if they are the same and will post on here if i find that they are :)

I have been looking @ the BAT tranny for a while now due to the already built in 3.83 FDR compared to our 4.08 or something like that. It makes the 1st gear in much more usable instead of just burning rubber.

Now that they arent available I am not sure what my other options are for purchasing/building a transmission.

I want the
slick shift forks
Keyed Tower
and a Quaife

possibly the Koated Kogbox.

I am not sure what my options are anymore!

- amyn

Back