• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best place to paint SVT rear...

CKtour98

Hard-core CEG'er
Looks like I'll have to swap my rear Razzi to my SVT sooner than I thought so I need to get this bumper prepped+painted a.s.a.p as my Razzi is hanging by a thread lol, anyone know anywhere cheap/quick I can go to to get it over with?

So far having so-so luck...Auto53 quoted me at $400-$500 because its a used bumper, Zellens said $220 but they;re 2 weeks behind, Sky Auto said $200-$250 and can do it anytime but they close early (6pm), West Side Auto can have it done by early next week for $250-$300 approximately..any help is still appreciated guys!!

thanks Aaron, i'll give him a shout tomorrow. I guess I'll also ask if anyone here knows a good/cheap body repair place as my SVT front is cracked in a few areas and has a couple small small holes so that needs to be fixed and then painted...

Repair

Repair

Hey,

Give O'Sullivans Auto Body on Burlington St a call. I just had my hood, fender and front bumper painted there, plus they plastic welded a huge crack in my bumper back together, prices where not that unreasonable, besides, they give a lifetime warrantee on there paint jobs. By the way, there pretty cool about barganing the price. Cheers.

P.S. Give me a shout when you get that Razzi off so I can take it off your hands, I'll atleast give ya a case of beer or somethin for it.

Keith

How much did it cost to get the crack fixed? I picked up an SVT front from bagged that has a bunch of small cracks and stuff that need to be fixed + painted once thats done..if its not bad maybe I'll send both bumpers at once to get finished

Hey,

I cant remember the exact dollar, but it wasnt that expensive, just give them a call, there really reasonable. I tried getting a second bumper from bagged but he didn't answer me emails, did it cost alot to get it shipped or did you pick it up?

Keith

I made the trip down to Michigan one saturday and picked both SVT bumpers up that I bought off him only because shipping for something that big would have killed me! And i'll give them a call tomorrow, hopefully its not too bad as I'd love to be able to get the work done and over with so I can put them on a.s.a.p once nice weather comes!

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for the front? Just curious, I may have to bug him again, thanks. That is, if I dont sell.

The back is basically mint, a few surface paint scratches but thats about it and I got that off him for $150 american. The front is in pretty rough shape, paint is chipping and flaking, a handful of cracks and even 2 small holes...I got that for $60 american only because its in such bad shape right now, but it's all easily fixable which is why Im looking for a cheap place to fix all of that + paint it

Hey,

If you need it fixed, I can do it, Im pretty good with plastic repair, I have done all my own except the bumper because insurance was paying for it. I have all the right tools here including everything to fix the wholes and crack. I use a special fiberglass type backing and epoxy and filler especially made for TPO and other types of plastic. I have done my side skirt and there perfect, :censored::censored::censored::censored:, I can even sand and prime it for ya. They way I do it is just as good as plastic welding, if not better. Let me know, I'll do it for nothing, just need a place to do it.

Keith

That would be awsome, but I don't have a garage or anything where you could work on it...I just looked at it and counted about 8-9 cracks and 2 small holes, so it will take time to fix them lol...let me see what I can do about a place to work on it

Hey,
I have a big apartment, thats where I do all my work in the end hall way, so we can do it at my place, no problem, just let me know when you wanna do it. Anytime after 5pm on weekdays and anytime on the weekened.

Let me know.
P.M me and I'll send ya my number and address.

Took some quick pics...it might be easier if I just bring it sometime and let you take a look and then decide..

This is by far the worst crack on it:

Minor crack on the bottom:

Rough crack:

Crack near the foglight:

Close-up of the crack above:

Another crack on the bottom, other side:

The small hole?:

Wholly Crap!!!!
What the hell happen to that thing. Anyhow, its bad man, but I think it is repairable, I better break out the clamps for this one. This is gonna take more than a night. Can you leave it with me for a couple days? If so, I can sand it down to get all the rough edges off, then start the surface repairs, then on to the major repairs. Wow, Im actually looking forward to this. Let me know.
Keith

Yeah thats not a problem, sounds like a plan if you;re up to it haha. Let me know when you want to start and I'll drop it off.

Edit: I have no idea what happened, ask bagged. haha

Hey,
drop it off tommorro if you can, that way I can get at it right away, I cant work on mine right now because its to freakin cold out, but I love fixin :censored::censored::censored::censored: so if I get it tommorro, I can probably have it done by thurs or friday. Cool?

Keith,
If you wanna meet somewhere tommorro just name the place, my apartment is a bit tricky to find unless you know Hamilton really well.

Cheers

Ok..I work tomorrow till 8, it would have to be anytime after that? since I need my dad to bring it in their Escape cuz it's too big for the Tour' haha. I COULD bring it tonight if you wanted...my dad seemed to know where you lived when I told him, so Im sure we could find your place..let me know

Ha, sounds good, give me a call right now, me and my wife are just about to watch a movie at 9pm, so if you can get down here, cool?

Back