• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiero Dyno

MNstuckinMI

Veteran CEG'er
Last weekend, wwe took my buddies car to the dyno fro some tuning. long story short, it put down 372hp to the rear wheels. we ran into a computer managment system problem, so he'll be ditching that and going to a stand alone system. :) after that, if he isnt happy, it'll be a cusom intake for the blower to sit on top of. remember, the car weighs about 2700 pounds :D

were looking for about 425 to the wheels.

heres the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia43XLKoX8o

heres a few pics from the day

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

we brought another fiero along for support :) jk

we were going to dyno it as well, but they were unable to tune the caddy computer. the red one has a caddy 4.9 in the back :) (i'll post a vid of it later trying to get traction in the parking lot
IMG_0185.jpg

Last edited:
there's one with a caddy 502 that goes into porky's a lot. he was on bald tires picking the wheels up (about an inch, but still cool)

there's one with a caddy 502 that goes into porky's a lot. he was on bald tires picking the wheels up (about an inch, but still cool)

dont even get me started on that hack up peice of :censored:. if you have looked at it closely, he completely destryed the car to get it back there. the MN fiero guys have all taken a good look at it, and it is amzing that the car hasnt fallen apart yet. it litterally looks like he took a hacksaw and cut up the frame to get it in there. :nonono:

say wat you want about that car. have you seen the vw truck he built with the 502 in the back?

you guys dont like his setup because he used the transmission from the caddy. he did it the opposite way. yes he cut a lot of the car apart and re welded for the motor mounts. call it what you want, ive seen it multiple times, and ive seen guys with 350s and the adaptor plate w/ the stock tranny. i wouldnt trust the stock trans with a lot of power.

and he used an acetelyne torch to cut the frame apart ;)

say wat you want about that car. have you seen the vw truck he built with the 502 in the back?

you guys dont like his setup because he used the transmission from the caddy. he did it the opposite way. yes he cut a lot of the car apart and re welded for the motor mounts. call it what you want, ive seen it multiple times, and ive seen guys with 350s and the adaptor plate w/ the stock tranny. i wouldnt trust the stock trans with a lot of power.

and he used an acetelyne torch to cut the frame apart ;)

ive seen both cars up close. there is a reason why Rock falls wont let him take his cars down the track.

i dont care if the motor is mounted longitudely or that he is using the stock caddy tranny. and i agree about the people using V8's with the adapter plate when making big power. Tina (the silver Fiero with a 383 mounted transversly, i belive she is making inthe neighborhood of 500 hp) went through countless trannies before finally upgrading the the getrag and getting it cryo'd. now, she hasnt broken it. they can take it if you know what your doing.

the purple one inthe video has a cryo'd tranny also.

edit: the 4.9, LS4, and northstar all dont need an adapter plate, since they were originally in a fwd configuration

so what's the details of the motor in your friends car? the one on the dyno i mean.

lets see, some of the details on the dyno'd one:

cam
ported heads
fully built bottom end (bult to take the power)
MP-112 blower (and that was with the biggest pully)
cryo'd tranny
those are the big mods, i couldnt tell you what pistons, valve springs, ect ect. its bult like the ZZP motors from ZZP performance. a lot of good stuff, just a matter of making it all work together.

we had computer managment problems. its like there was a program running the background f'ing up each pull. when we put the smaller pully on, we actually lost power. the shop owner talked extensivley about what was going on (a friend vidieoed it, wonder if it will make it up on youtube). so the computer will be getting yanked for probably a megasqurt.

Last edited:
Why do you have to post more Fiero stuff??? I mean, c'mon, I'm really fighting it over here and I keep seeing more and more for sale everyday.

I just know that by the end of the year I'll have one and be out of room to put stuff.

I gotta dig for the pics, but there is a yellow one that comes to the local cruises, it has a 383 SBC in it. Guitarman and I have heard it,......:drool: :shocked: :cool: . I don't know the exact specs, but that is one bad Fiero. :laugh:

Back