• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

has anyone ever tried...

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
i just bought a Thrush glass pack for my car, and i was wondering if anyone has replaced their resonater with a glass pack. Does it sound any different?, does it make a difference in performance, or should i replace the resonater with the glass pack and get rid of my muffler and run a straight pipe out the back and use the glass pack as my muffler?

I've got a set of MSDS headers, Thrush glassspack, and two stock SVT mufflers. I think it sounds pretty nice, no drone or rasp, a nice rumble at idle, and a growl when you get on it. :laugh: Don't know how to host a sound clip, or I'd upload it for ya.

I've got a set of MSDS headers, Thrush glassspack, and two stock SVT mufflers. I think it sounds pretty nice, no drone or rasp, a nice rumble at idle, and a growl when you get on it. :laugh: Don't know how to host a sound clip, or I'd upload it for ya.

Youtube dot com :cool:

what i should say is that i basically wanna do a resonator delete/ or just replace the resonator with the Glass pack. how well does the stock muffler flow?

so it'll be basically as loud as this one, except more so like a honda???
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8YFNuXplgwA

With a GP replacing the resonator and keeping the stock muffler there is not much of a difference in sound on a Zetec.

I ran a GP in the resonator position with no muffler for awhile. Resonated badly inside the car while under heavy load. Didnt like the sound. Sounded better than that clip, though.

so i'd be better off getting something like the glass pack and an SVT muffler? wats the difference in the SVT muffler compared to a stock Mystique muffler?

SVT muffler will be louder and better flowing probably. If I had a SVT muffler thats all I would run. No glasspack.

I have a Thrush turbo muffler in the res position w/ no stock muffler. I think it sounds pretty good. Cheap too.

The SVT mufflers are tiny. The cool thing is that they can bolt right up to your stock Zetec exhaust as the pipe is the same size. I think deleting the resonator and installing the SVT muffler would sound pretty cool. In fact, I think it would sound similar to my exhaust to be honest. Maybe just a tad higher pitched due to single-exit...

I recently removed my resonator. Used a 2.25 12inch pipe from autozone with a 12inch flexpipe and some clamps. Used their tailpipe cutter (which I broke) and just clamped on the new section. Only took about 30 minutes.

Back