• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fidanza and Spec flywheel not the same!!!

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
From what I've read here everyone states that the FW's are the same. Go ahead and order a new insert from Spec and try to fit it to your Fidanza! 10 holes on the outer edge of the Spec compared to 9 on the Fidanza. Hope the clutch/FW holds with the old insert roughed up.:help: I didn't supply/buy the parts so don't look at me.

Fidanza-left, Spec-right
standard.jpg

Spec does not make flywheels, they get them from a supplier like Fidanza.
I'm not sure who they use, but having bought Mustang clutches/FW I know they have changed suppliers in the past.
Maybe an older FW design also?
Order direct from Fidanza will probably be the best bet.
-J

Just ran into this problem too bro. I got the fan. insert and tried to fit in on my spec clutch. No go. So now I have to order another insert from spec...mmm 94 more dollars!!
When I talked to the rep. he said they should be the same unless sometime along the line they changed the way that it was made. He said that they might have to special make the ones with 10 holes on the outside now.

You know what, I have been thinking about this for a while. I actualy may have had this problem. I think I ended up sending them my flywheel and the machined a new one, like Star said. Man its been a while:help:

Just ran into this problem too bro. I got the fan. insert and tried to fit in on my spec clutch. No go. So now I have to order another insert from spec...mmm 94 more dollars!!
When I talked to the rep. he said they should be the same unless sometime along the line they changed the way that it was made. He said that they might have to special make the ones with 10 holes on the outside now.
Why didn't you just call Spec first knowing it was their FW? :shrug:
-J

Because they are cheaper through ultrarev etc. You would think that they are all the same. More proof they are not.

Back