• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SEM Color for Center Console

SVTCJ

CEG'er
Does anyone have the color code for SEM interior dye that closely matches Midnight Blue?

I have all the parts necessary for swapping my 98+ console out for a '96 and I need to dye it.

SEM is hard to find locally so I was going to order online.

Thanks in advance!

The Ford stock number is M4JZ-19M547-1073H, PAINT-VINYL RENOVATE (a.k.a ALCHEMY BLUE). It's spray paint and you can order it from Bill Jenkins @ Team Ford for $8.63 a can. I just ordered some online to do the same think as you (pre-98 in a 98 SVT). What else are you planning on putting in your console?

whats the part number for the pre 98 console? i've looked and cant find it. hell, i work at GM and can't find it on any of our "other companies" parts list

The Ford stock number is M4JZ-19M547-1073H, PAINT-VINYL RENOVATE (a.k.a ALCHEMY BLUE). It's spray paint and you can order it from Bill Jenkins @ Team Ford for $8.63 a can. I just ordered some online to do the same think as you (pre-98 in a 98 SVT). What else are you planning on putting in your console?

Is Alchemy Blue an exact match for Midnight Blue? I may finally get my center console installed.

I'll have to look for the # on my console.

"Alchemy Blue" is the official Ford name for the 98+ CSVT Midnight Blue interior color.

I'll have to look for the # on my console.

"Alchemy Blue" is the official Ford name for the 98+ CSVT Midnight Blue interior color.

Yup, you are right. I researched after I posted.

I will finally get my Pre-98 console installed, and can also color match my A-pillar gauge pod when I pick one up. :cool:

Thanks for the info!

Just what was needed.

I don't know yet what I'll do different to mine.

Do any of you have any ideas?

Post Pics!

If you don't mind a dumb question, Why would you want to do the 98+ for the 96 console? I thought folks mostly did it the other way 96 for 98+? and is yours an ATX by chance?

Say, you don't happen to know a color for the plastic trim that is a bit of a dark grayish metallic bluish color would you? as far as I have seen there are two colors of bezel trim this color and black. Sorry for the poor discription, best I could do.

Thanks

Aussie,
Don't know the part # to that one, but I haven't really looked. Sorry. I'm using Duplicolor Flat Black Vinyl (from AZ). I find that color, with a light clear coat has a very durable, stock looking finish for interior trim. Hope fully I get the MB paint this week and I can finish my console by Sunday. I'll post picks as soon as there's some progress.

If you don't mind a dumb question, Why would you want to do the 98+ for the 96 console? I thought folks mostly did it the other way 96 for 98+? and is yours an ATX by chance?

I'm removing my '98+ and replacing it with a '96.

The pre-98 consoles look much nicer and provide a more "cockpit" feel to the interior.

The '98+ consoles just plain suck. I'll take a usable armrest over a non-usable armrest AND 2 non-usable cupholders anyday.

man I haaaate that 98+ seat mounted armrest. My friends think it's funny to put it down while im driving so that I hit it when shifting to 2,4, and R

Seat mounted armrest?

Mine is mounted on top of the center console.

It's just that it's all of 4 inches tall and you would have to lean sideways in the seat for your elbow to touch it.

Mine is the SVT. Is it different from other 98+ armrests?

Yeah, here is the only pic I could find with it down. It is mounted on the driver's side seat.

gallery_1032_20_14991.jpg

You must have short arms. I can leave my elbow on the front edge of the arm rest and fully shift all six gears. I still hate the seat mounted rest though. It's ugly.
I have to reach lower because of the steeda short throw shifter :cool:

that maybe true but that armrest is the biggest peice of **** in the world ... the pre98 console has the perfect height for the armrest ... and it give that enclosed feel like it should have

FYI to all....I just got this email from Bill Jenkins WRT to MB spray paint:

A message from TeamFordParts.com

Michael the part is no longer in fords system ,will have locate from another dealer there will be a little more money for dealer markup and shipping.(5.00 or so)if that's ok just send me an e-mail thanks

Thanks for choosing Team Ford of Las Vegas for your Ford/Lincoln/Mercury parts needs.

Bill Jenkins,
Team Ford
5445 Drexel Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89130
1-800-791-6436
parts@teamfordlv.com

So for those who need the paint, get it now before it disapears completely and we have to find a new source (not that big of a PITA just easier to get it from Ford already mixed)

Does anybody happen to know the color code from the door plate / sticker. I'm on www.ppgcarpaint.com and found a color that they simply call "Alchemy" used from 1998-2000. Not sure if it's the same or not.

TIA,
Dale

Reason I'm asking is my sticker is starting to come off and I can't read it anymore for interior color.

Last edited:
Back