• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pioneer IPod adapter install

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
I have a Pioneer iPod adapter CD-IB100II.

all i need to know is if its safe to pull power for it off the HU wire harness. max current draw is 2A. it has a inline fuse. i just need a hot wire when the key is off.

thanks -Jon

I have a Pioneer iPod adapter CD-IB100II.

all i need to know is if its safe to pull power for it off the HU wire harness. max current draw is 2A. it has a inline fuse. i just need a hot wire when the key is off.

thanks -Jon

Yes, you can run it off the wires in your radio harness...

I run my CD-IB100II off my HU harness. Never had an issue.

I mounted it to the back of the glove box with the iPod wiring coming over the back into the glovebox. The only way it can be seen is dropping the glovebox down towards the floor. Nice and clean install. :cool:

That would probably be because you have a difference in ground potential since your ground for your Ipod adapter is running through your cig instead of your radio ground.... or you could have a bad unit....

Are you running a 4 channel in your vehicle....?

thanks guys.

the plan is to mount the unit behind the glove box then have the ipod wire run under the HU. there are open holes there. just hope it fits through. if not i will be making one bigger. i cant control my ipod with the HU. so it has to be accessible. but once i upgrade the HU i will have the right adapter to control the ipod.

well turns out my HU dose control the ipod. so the ipod is in the glove box. its nice not having 2 big cd cases in the car. but i lost my arm rest.:blackeye:

yea i just thought i read that my DEH-P4700mp P.O.S. did not. it has very limited control. its kinda getting annoying with how slow it is and the limited display.

Yeah, it's slow but you get used to it. I just created a bunch of playlists to avoid having to find songs I want. The only time I really dig around for music is on long trips like to SZ.

I haven't used it in a while though. I can't wait for winter to be over and take the SVT out again.

Back