• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So Cali needs to step up

Recoveryone

Veteran CEG'er
If you read the post about the Viper, then you know I'm on call this weekend. Well its Sunday morning around 10:00 and I'm sitting in the Target parking lot waiting for my partner to show up. I see this vette pull into the lot and park about 40 yards from my truck. I think nothing about it until I see another one pull in, and another. I get my camera out and take a few shots. The next thing I know there about 10 Land Sharks sitting there doing a meet and greet. Most of them were older (looks who's talking, My age or older) with there wife in tow or in some cases the wifes' were driving:
vette1ja9.jpg

vette3aj9.jpg

vette4fv1.jpg

vette12tp5.jpg

So in short we need to stop makig excuses why we can't show up and make the effort to show. Our CSVT Brothers in other parts drive 3-4 hours, crossing state lines to meet, and we can't deside on a day. just my 2 cents have a good holiday

i totally agree with you and i'm down for a meet but it will be some time till i'm able to go to one. i crashed the csvt last week so it'll be some time before i'll be able to take her to a meet.

agreed, but im stuck working in the morning and only have free time in the evenings. sucks cuz i usually have to go to work hungover the next day

i have the saturday free and i always want a meet, i need 2 months to complete my car mine is in bad shape the trainy.

Now the OC was the last place talked about meeting, so take the ball and run with it!!! I'll drive from Santa Barbra to Diego just to get out to meet so call it, you have the ball. "Maverick has the ball":cool:

Should be a nice moist weekend! :laugh: Remember that the Nascrap circus is in town this week in Fontucky so you'll probably want to stay away from that area.
Karl

every other sunday, san diego imports has a meet and cruise up in mira mesa at around 10am. if anyone is down i could notify everyone when the next cruise is going to happen. the moderater doesnt care what car you drive as long as you are a chill person. ive been a member on their board for a year and many people didnt know about our cars.

Well ppl here's a reason and a chance to meet for a cause. CSVT#49 will be in town "Colton, Ca for about 2 weeks, I think it would be nice to show him a good time and meet a few of us while he's in our area.:cool:

id be down, but like i said earlier, i can only do evenings. if everyone else is down for an evening meet we should figure out a day and time. im tired of only seeing my svt in san diego.... i feel like a loner with all the imports floatin around

I noticed the "Cars and Coffee" meet in Irvine was televised yesterday and shown on Fox while they were waiting out the rain at the race. Mike Joy went down there and looked around. He said that on any given Saturday morning, there were something like 40 gatherings like the "C&C" one. I know of one in Huntington Beach that I went to once but 6 AM is a bit early for me to be anywhere.
Karl

I noticed the "Cars and Coffee" meet in Irvine was televised yesterday and shown on Fox while they were waiting out the rain at the race. Mike Joy went down there and looked around. He said that on any given Saturday morning, there were something like 40 gatherings like the "C&C" one. I know of one in Huntington Beach that I went to once but 6 AM is a bit early for me to be anywhere.
Karl

Supercar Sunday's happen every Sunday in Woodland Hills. I've been told that the last Sunday of the month is when most of the cars come out and play.

Thats at Valley Circle south of the 101...You gotta get there early because the extoics show up very early on the fourth Sunday of each month.....Vons shopping mall......

Back