• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stage 2 Driveshafts

you wont be dissapointed, they might have to make them specially for yur car as it took them a while to do mine, but u will soon have them :)

well i paid for mine on the 26th of nov, but i dont think they didnt start makin them till the begining of jan because of the christmas and new years holidays then to get them sent to england where i live now so i got them first week of feb i think, i know it sounds like a long time but they did start jan so it wasnt too bad as u know it takes a week or two to get sent to england, but u should be alright buddy :)

We should see if they'd be willing to do any group buys on them. I know myself and probably a bunch of others on CEG and NECO would want a set.

Does anyone know why these are only available for models up to 1999. Was there a design changed for 2000?

It'll work on 2000 with no problem. Just a typical typo like we see all the time with Contour parts.

You know, like those 95-03 Contours. :drool:

03 was my favorite year :cool:

I guess I meant feedback on the DSS shafts for our application. Weren't they being broken in the same place (and same way) as the stock shafts back in the day?

Possibly....:laugh:
axle3.jpg

When the axles break... is it always at the hub? For some reason I was imagining it broke off at the tranny... but the hub would be much less bad.

When the axles break... is it always at the hub? For some reason I was imagining it broke off at the tranny... but the hub would be much less bad.

Both locations, but typically at the hub. I've snapped mine at the hub before, but not at the tranny.

Back