• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just some pics of my idea

SVTeve

CEG'er
:fro:
100_0183.jpg

100_0185.jpg

I need to clean it too
100_0186-1.jpg

Where could the intercooler be?
100_0187-1.jpg

100_0188-1.jpg

my question wtf do I use to clean the oil outta the turbo I was gonna use carb cleaner, but I stopped myself and thought I would come ask.

If you don't know how to clean up a turbo I highly doubt you can install this on a contour. :shocked:

the only way I know of for sure is to take the whole thing apart and clean it individually with a wee bit of carbcleaner and some scotch brite pads. I was wondering if there is another way without taking the whole thing apart.

the only way I know of for sure is to take the whole thing apart and clean it individually with a wee bit of carbcleaner and some scotch brite pads. I was wondering if there is another way without taking the whole thing apart.

I'd do a full rebuild, either send it out to a good turbo shop, or buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself, and then send it out for balancing with a good turbo shop. Unbalanced wheels + 130k rpm = lots of tiny pieces.

Back