• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

65mm throttle body??? Upgrade??

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
Nvm found it

The 65mm TB that works "should be from" any 96-02 SOHC 4.6L V8 (non-truck) Ford made.

Crown Vics, Marquis, Mustangs, etc....

Last edited:
I was told that a 65mm on a 2.5 is not the best idea. You will probably lose power. I read that the SVT opted is the best for the 2.5. A 65 is better for a 3L. If you still want one though, PM me, I got one.

I was told that a 65mm on a 2.5 is not the best idea. You will probably lose power. I read that the SVT opted is the best for the 2.5. A 65 is better for a 3L. If you still want one though, PM me, I got one.

I agree this is going for my 3L i am getting:cool:

no it'll bolt up as is,you need to figures something out for the throttle cable,i just hook it up to the 4.6 linkage and take up for the slack at peddle end of the deal

so does the pedal positon change or do the adjusters just take the slack up by a holder nut? i could look but the car is an hour away :(

Must people use small butt ends of a zip tie. Zip it up and cut off the ends this way the zips ties shorten the slack.

iirc the opening is around 67mm's,or just under.no porting is needed on the svt manifold. used the svt gasket,but you have to open it up some. easier to just use the correct 65mm one.
you'll need to modify the linkage some to clear the manifold. depending on what setup you get determines what has to be changed.

Last edited:
if i get a throttle body from a mustang or w/e, should i optimize it also?

also, what size is the 3L throttle body? (i could measure but its at home atm)

i have an 03 3L TB and a SVT TB. but i'm assuming the 3L won't work with the SVT manifold.

Last edited:
if i get a throttle body from a mustang or w/e, should i optimize it also?

also, what size is the 3L throttle body? (i could measure but its at home atm)

i have an 03 3L TB and a SVT TB. but i'm assuming the 3L won't work with the SVT manifold.

The svt and the 3.0L tb are the same. 60mm

Back