• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

which wheels for my csvt??

which wheels for my csvt??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
ok folks, its time i build some wheels for my csvt.

since i have some 19" tires laying here (3 to be exact) ill probably go with 19s for now.
since my car is silver frost, im thinking of going with either brushed aluminum or titanium/gunmetal centers with polished lips.

ive kind of narrowed my choices down to the Victory and Sebring but ill see what you guys think. unfortunately i can only put 10 choices in the poll so if you think one of our other wheels would look better, choose "other" and say which one.

extra points for photoshopped pics with the rims on the car :D

btw, ill be rolling these new wheels for a few months and then sell them here on CEG and make a different set of wheels. i plan to put every design on the car eventually. when i list them on here, theyll be much cheaper than if you were to have them custom made. ill probably go back and forth between 18s and 19s...

here is the car
IMG_0005.jpg

here are some sample pics of some of the wheels and some of the finishes i like

here is a polished Chicane
DSC_0390_edited.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

here is a brushed Sebring
IMG_4030.jpg

DPP_0055.jpg

Speed 6 in polished aluminum
IMG_3961Medium.jpg

IMG_3960Medium.jpg

Apex in anthracite
DSC01411.jpg

Victory in satin black and chrome finish (i dont want either black or chrome wheels on the contour at this time)
IMG_5708.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

Mach 5 in titanium finish (very close to gunmetal)
IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

God Steve you make me want to take out a loan for a new car/wheels combo.. :drool: :drool: :drool: My vote is the Victory set. However, in retrospect, I really like the Speed 5 as well. :shrugs:

Mach 5. Actually I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices. So are you making these wheels or buying them?

agh, not the Mach 5! i should have known :nonono: i LOVE that wheel but we've made a TON of them and ive already had them on my cobra. *sigh* we'll see. if not now, i will eventually make a set of them in the future and then dump them in the classifieds for you animals to fight over :crazy:

Mach 5. Actually I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices. So are you making these wheels or buying them?

both. i pay a factory to make the wheels for us. they make them for about ten or so different companies. this is pretty common with modular wheels.

Steve, you know of my unholy love for the Victory, but a polished/brushed Chicane would be KILLER, and really unique to put on a Contour.

how much for the victory in chrome please!!

those are ideally what I would want.. since the SSW wheels that look like that only come in 20 and not silver or chrome.

18" Brushed Sebring
icon14.gif

Call me conservative, but it fits the Touring car image the best from the option you've listed IMHO.

BTW, those Mach 5's would look absolutely killer on Mrs. Trapps Mustang...hmmmm

damn steve. if i could afford a set, i would love to get a set of wheels from you for my truck.

i like the mach 5's

the victories are sweet, but i don't know how you'd pull off the hub since you have the space between the spokes going to each lug hole, so it might look goofy with a 4 lug.

Steve, you know of my unholy love for the Victory, but a polished/brushed Chicane would be KILLER, and really unique to put on a Contour.

i thought you were all geeked out on the Formula? :confused:

im surprised, i really thought the Chicane would be overwhelmingly popular here. though im not surprised too much about the Mach 5. that is by FAR our most popular wheel. classic 5 spoke designs are always popular.

18" Brushed Sebring
clip_image001.gif

Call me conservative, but it fits the Touring car image the best from the option you've listed IMHO.

that's kind of along the lines of what i was thinking.... although these wheels will just end up being sold anyway..

damn steve. if i could afford a set, i would love to get a set of wheels from you for my truck.

i like the mach 5's

the victories are sweet, but i don't know how you'd pull off the hub since you have the space between the spokes going to each lug hole, so it might look goofy with a 4 lug.

you could probably do the like f150 guys do and use adapters to run a mustang set. i have a few sets of mustang wheels laying around that i can sell for MUCH cheaper than a brand new, custom ordered set. you know youre right about the 4 lug thing. i didnt even think about that. that's like with my friends Ravels for his Tahoe. we didnt think about it, being a 6 lug, and it came out to a 6 spoke version of the wheel instead of 5. ill have to see what a 4 lug victory would look like...:help:

I think that these would be the tits...

Maybe if they were polished or satin... I'm not much of a chrome kinda guy... Seen too many screwed up wheels.

IMG_0005copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back