• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sno-Brum

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
quick question for you guys.
I have been looking to order myself a couple of these:
linky

they are great for quickly clearing snow off cars.
but the price is kinda steep once you count shipping.
i found a place that can send me a case for a decent price.
i am just curious if anyone here would want one if i bought a case.
i am looking for local people who would be interested to save on shipping.

if you are interested PM me

quick question for you guys.
I have been looking to order myself a couple of these:
linky

they are great for quickly clearing snow off cars.
but the price is kinda steep once you count shipping.
i found a place that can send me a case for a decent price.
i am just curious if anyone here would want one if i bought a case.
i am looking for local people who would be interested to save on shipping.

if you are interested PM me

We used to use those in the car business -- handy when you have to clear off a lot full of cars. Stop by a car dealer -- they'll have tons of them, and if I know salesman, they'll be willing to part with one for a few bucks. :cool:

lol ... funny you mention this. The car salesman was quick to tell me never to use a snowbrush on the car because it would damage the paint and everything. He brought me over to their supply of SnoBrums and recommended them.

Regardless I'm in for one if you decide to purchase a case. They are convenient.

not to totally hijack but where do you guys keep your snow/inclement weather utensils? I have my snow brush sort of laying across my rear footwells and I hate it but they'd be useless in the trunk.

i keep mine in the same place.
the crown vic has a rubber mat instead of carpet, so i don't care about the water.
the only problem with the sno-brum is you still need an ice scraper.

not to totally hijack but where do you guys keep your snow/inclement weather utensils? I have my snow brush sort of laying across my rear footwells and I hate it but they'd be useless in the trunk.

I leave the snow implement in the trunk because I don't want crap in the cabin. This is especially fun when the snow is heavy enough to negate the trunk release, and the car is already running, so I can't use the fob. At that point, it's a two man show -- one to pull the interior release, one to lift the trunk. Alternatively, you can brush the snow off by hand and then run back and hit the release again, which I've done. It's no end of fun. :cool:

yeah ours are kept on the rear footwells too, on top of the winter mats so they don't mess up the carpet.
I keep an extra set of gloves in each car too.

I think I'll buy two of those sno-brums from you for my parents.

I leave the snow implement in the trunk because I don't want crap in the cabin. This is especially fun when the snow is heavy enough to negate the trunk release, and the car is already running, so I can't use the fob. At that point, it's a two man show -- one to pull the interior release, one to lift the trunk. Alternatively, you can brush the snow off by hand and then run back and hit the release again, which I've done. It's no end of fun. :cool:

The ability to fold down seats from the interior would easily solve this, alas no such solution exists yet.

Winter mats FTW. Gloves and mini ice scraper on the front passenger footwell (when wet) or in the glovebox (when dry), large scraper across the rear passenger floor.

I can access the trunk from inside the car via the seats, so everything else stays in there.

A solution to open the seats in the Contour from inside the car would rock. My seats don't open when I tug on the knob, so I have to basically hug the car -- tugging on the knob and at the same time pulling on the seat.

Last edited:
alright i just placed the order for the case.
i should see it by Tuesday.
and from what i have already seen i will only have one left.

Me: 5
Dave: 2
Chris: 1
Matty: 1
Co-worker: 2
Tony: 1

*maybe i should have ordered 2 cases!
haha

Last edited:
Meh, I'd get in on one, but I use my cheap $2 one. My paint is FUBAR'd anyways :laugh:. Oh, and Autozone front rubber floor mats FTW. That's where I keep my brush :)

I keep mine in the trunk. I hate seeing misc. crap like that in the interior. I've never had a problem getting to mine even loaded up with snow on the trunk.

I'm down for one though.

Tony, i am gonna have to put you on the secondary list, jess' mom said she wanted one.
but if my parents only want one then the other is yours.

ok matty, will do.
if there are enough people that want them i will buy another case to hand out.

we sell them at the hardware store I work at part time. I actually just walked past them a couple minutes ago

Back