• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust bolts Sizes??

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
What are the Exhaust bolt sizes fit the flange from the Y-Pipe to the Catback. Mine is super loose and it sounds like crap right now...

I havent had a chance to get under the car for a couple days.

But I want to go to a Hardware store and buy a pair of Nuts/Bolts in SSteel to replace the old ones! Just wanted to know the size of the

Nuts/Bolts in MM and the length I should get!

Thanks

- amyn

are you talking about the y-pipe to the main cat or the main cat to the cat back :confused:

chances are you need to replace one of those gaskets. on don't forget on the y-pipe to cat joint you need to get some springs in there, just bolts are not good like I mentioned to you before.

well the main cat has studs pressed onto the flange unless they have been replaced. That is where it was diconnected when the 3L swap was done so I would also get a new gasket.

Hmmm i couldve swarn those arent studs pressed into the flange. They really look like they arent and i believe I have removed them b4 when i installed my Bassani Exhaust.

Heh I guess ima have 2 remove it and take it 2 Home Depot or Lowes and match them up!

- amyn

if the previous studs where removed all you need is a bolt that will fit in the current holes in the flange.

Back