• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TrUnk Deck

Don't you need to make sure you take the light bulb connectors from the Post 98, too? If you swap housings, you will be using a different style plastic lock on the base of the bulbs, which won't match up to the lighting connectors if you don't splice in the connectors that came from the donor...

right? Or am I confused? Never worked with a Pre-98, so I don't know, for sure.

on a 98, the reverse lights are ON the tail piece... so you'll be good, just make sure you run the electrical connector to it and you'll be fine.

not 100% possitive but I believe the connector to the light bulb socket is the same but the light itself is different .... when I go out to my car today i will take a look at my 95, just had the tail lights off my 99 yesterday so I can let you know ...

ok the harness ot the lights appears to be the same from 95 to 99 ... the buld are different so the bulb holder would be different, the pre 98 use the round base light and the post 98s use the wedge base .... not sure if the bulb holder fits the the light differently between the years ...

Last edited:
I just put a set of pre 98 Mystique tail lights into my 98+ Mystique and I had to switch to the pre 98 harness and bulb holder. So in order to put 98+ lights on a 95 you would need the bulb holder and the harness.

dont mean to jack your thread, but i just bought a pre98 lid for my svt today for $20 and was wondering what else i would need. all i have is the trunklid with the lights and the one connector i unplugged. does the connector from the post98 fit the pre98 connector?

Back