• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

KnuKonceptz Fuses

BlackE1

Veteran CEG'er
I have ordered a few time from KnuKonceptz and have been 100% satisfied with the products and customer service.
I am experiencing a problem with my fuses (Gold Plated AGU 80 Amp Fuse, Gold Plated AGU 50 Amp Fuse)
They do not pass current and are not blown... If i heat the ends of the fuses with a soldering iron they will work again. Anyone else have similar issues.

I've seen this before with AGU fuses, double check and see if the caps are still tight and not rotating, usually a fuse that doesn't pass current and isn't "blown" is usually blown on the very edges where you can't see the break. Usually a fuse will blow in the middle right where you can see it, but I've seen fuses that have messed up on the ends and looked just fine. As for being able to heat them up on the ends you may be making whatever holds the fuse to the caps reconnect itself briefly, but not enough to handle full current.

it's a known issue with AGU's. The element is soldered to the end caps - cheap fuses have cheap, sometimes ineffective solders and current flow can sometimes be effected.
It's one of the reasons most high(er) power systems end up using ANL's or another unsoldered fuse type wherever possible.

The heating of the ends of the fuse as stated was only a temporary fix as it stopped working again. It seems to always stop working on a long drive. Where do you guys get you AGU fuses. I would rather not to upgrade to an ANL fuse but if that's the only way to make sure this issue doesn't happen i guess i have to.

I had that problem last year with a Knu AGU fuse, it was on the power wire that is used for my remote wires via relay switch. I thought I fried my "vintage" amps (can you say that about amps from '95??? :confused:) because they wouldn't power on. I don't think it was a brand issue, I believe that fuse was from when I had a Contour and it was previously used for power wire on a different amp setup. It happens. :shrug:

Come to think of it - I even had trouble with my old agu fuse HOLDER. I couldn't believe it. The fuse was obviously not blown, but a continuity test in front of and behind the fuse holder told me the problem was there.
As it turned out there was a small spring mechanism inserted in the collars that held the fuse's end caps. Over time it just developed a short.
That's when I went to ANL.
A couple years and a transplant later and I've never had a fuse issue.

Back