• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre-98 Mystique Fog Light Installation

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
I need a little help on the best way to install fog lights on a pre 98 Mystique
I have a few pics to help...

Mystique036.jpg

Mystique037.jpg

Mystique039.jpg

Mystique040.jpg

Mystique042.jpg

I'm wondering if i should cut out part of the black cover to fit the fog light or should i just take the cover out? i think the job looks unfinished though w/o the cover... or am i supposed to buy the covers used on a car w/ fog lights? are they any different? does anyone have pics?

Mount the lights in and cut what you need of the cover out. Depending on your skills you might want to get a spare set incase you screw up.

I know you can't see it well but if that black plastic piece is removable then you could get the ones off a mystique that already has fog lights ....

DSC02799.JPG

yea i knew the piece is removable, i have it in my room... i just wanna know if i can cut it or if the mystique w/ fogs has a different setup on the back of it?

yeah, try to find a mystique with fog lights and rob the trim pieces for the fog lights. it took me a couple months but i found'em for mine and if i find another set i'll nab them for u!

i ended up putting the fog lights towards the middle for now, but thats only until i find some factory ones, then i'll have 2 sets of fog lights... how do u guys think that'll look.

Two sets of fog lights is :nonono:. Trust me, I know from experience. If I were you I'd cut the plastic trim that you have and use the fog lights you have until they die. Then when that happens pick up some stockers :shrug:.

Oh and having that many fog lights is illegal in most states anyways. For the most part, cars are only allowed 4 front-facing lights. If you have low beams, high beams, both fogs on, that = 8 lights. A cop COULD do some mean crap if he was in a bad enough mood.

keep checking e-bay, i deleting it from my ebay but someone was selling the factory fog light and no one bid on it so they will probably repost it soon. i didn't bite cuz they wanted $15.00 or something shipping but they were not asking mush to start on the actual price. it came complete with the mounting bracket and bulb. also like i said earlier, i will hitting several junk yards near portland,or on the 18th, i'll look for those trim pieces and nab them if i find them.

Two sets of fog lights is :nonono:. Trust me, I know from experience. If I were you I'd cut the plastic trim that you have and use the fog lights you have until they die. Then when that happens pick up some stockers :shrug:.

Oh and having that many fog lights is illegal in most states anyways. For the most part, cars are only allowed 4 front-facing lights. If you have low beams, high beams, both fogs on, that = 8 lights. A cop COULD do some mean crap if he was in a bad enough mood.

its not that bad .... on the tempo that I had I put some of those optilux driving lights on which where 55 watts with optics, well I went to put 100 watt bulbs in and I found the originals where only 37 watt :crazy: needless to say the idle changed when they where turned on :laugh: but they worked great in really bad weather.

yes it is illegal in most state to have more then four forward facing lights on. I have never been stopped while doing this for many years.

2913551_2_full.jpg

these where yellow, and I had my father make up brackets so I could get them back as far as possible so that where not to visable. I recently took the lights off as one corroded so much it fell off the bracket.

its not that bad .... on the tempo that I had I put some of those optilux driving lights on which where 55 watts with optics, well I went to put 100 watt bulbs in and I found the originals where only 37 watt :crazy: needless to say the idle changed when they where turned on :laugh: but they worked great in really bad weather.

yes it is illegal in most state to have more then four forward facing lights on. I have never been stopped while doing this for many years.

2913551_2_full.jpg

these where yellow, and I had my father make up brackets so I could get them back as far as possible so that where not to visable. I recently took the lights off as one corroded so much it fell off the bracket.

Thats kinda how i wanted mine to look...

Hmm I suppose it doesn't look that bad on the Mystique, with the fog light holes and the air scoop hole (don't really know what to call it) blended together. With my pre98 Contour it looked like crap...

Back