• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

recommended mechanic for engine swap...

kidSVT

CEG'er
Does anyone know of a mechanic, or someone mechanically inclined or someone who wants to do a 3L swap?? I e-mailed DanG, but he hasn't gotten back to me, and i don't know if he is still offering that service, i sure hope he is though, he did my last swap and is just a really good mechanic. Thanks!

~Andrew

loc0gring0: I thought Greg wasn't going to do anymore swaps for a while?
It's worth a PM Andrew to see if Greg is willing.
Keep us posted.

I did PM aircougar.. hoooopefully he's got one more swap left in him :laugh: i could really use his expertise and experience. . svttour also pm'd me and said he'd build me a 3L ready to drop in, for xxxx before shipping. I don't know what I think about that, but we'll see what aircougar says!

loc0gring0, try and convince him to do one more swap please :) that would be greatly appreciated. and did you guys do a 3L swap in 8 hours??

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew, I sent you a PM... :)

We did a stock 2.5L swap in about 8 hours total, and we had to swap everything from the old motor to the new motor, too... that takes more time than pulling the motor out, or putting it back in!

Anyway, please read the whole PM, and get back to me. I am still doing swaps, but on a case-by-case basis. :) (seriously)

Andrew, your parts should arrive on Sat.
PM me when you get them.

Back