• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SMART Fortwo

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
I got passed by one of these in traffic yesterday on I-84W in downtown Hartford. :crazy:

Anyone see one of these in person before? I saw a few in West Hartford Center last year while they were offering test drives around West Hartford for a couple weeks. Until yesterday, I've never seen one of these side by side with a full size car though. They are insanely small.

It passed by me followed by a tractor-trailer right behind it. I thought I was watching Monster Trucks or something. :laugh:

CT license plate B-SMART.

I haven't seen one yet, but one of my friends was looking into purchasing one. I'd be scared to drive one on the highway, they look topheavy.

I haven't seen one yet, but one of my friends was looking into purchasing one. I'd be scared to drive one on the highway, they look topheavy.

they are not top heavy and actually handle extremely well.

there's a Smart dealership now off Rt 1 in Saugus. anyone want to meet up?

Brabus_Smart_Black_Star_101_1.jpg

mmmm...Brabus

I've heard mixed reviews, at best, about their handling capability. And apparently their blind spots are huge. They're fuel efficient and easy to fit in a small space, but trying to actually maneuver in a major city is going to be a challenge.

Gas mileage isn't really all that great. Not what you would expect from a car that size.
the gas mileage numbers that are stated for it are using the NEW measuring standards. IIRC its the only car that uses them right now. im not sure on how the tests are done but i know that its much more accurate and typically gives lower numbers.

I have a friend who is getting one. he just placed the order for what color and options he wants about 2 weeks ago. he getting it so he can put it on a 16ft trailer along with 2 ATVs and pull it behind his class-A. :cool: its really the only thing thats short enough (and that he fits in) to fit on the trailer with both ATVs

The SMART Two would make a great golf cart, or a transportation method within a large office or college campus.

But read, for example, the boston.com article where they drove it through Davis Square. Matty and I both know what it's like driving there first- hand. And the way they describe this car... I feel much better having my Mustang in that traffic than I would one of these small, no- power cars.

A coworker of mine sent these pics to me. I guess its his old neighbor's set-up. They are gone now just traveling around in that rig with a fifth wheel camper on the back of course. I kinda want to drive one just to see how it really feels as opposed to how it looks.

rodonis002.jpg

rodonis003.jpg

rodonis005.jpg

rodonis006.jpg

rodonis007.jpg

I didn't think they were meant for hwy driving. I spied one last year with Ontario plates. Stuck out for sure. Be fun if you lived in London but I wouldn't want to get in a high speed accident. Ppl might say they are safe but honestly look at one. Nothing there.

I didn't think they were meant for hwy driving. I spied one last year with Ontario plates. Stuck out for sure. Be fun if you lived in London but I wouldn't want to get in a high speed accident. Ppl might say they are safe but honestly look at one. Nothing there.

they've been driving them on the Autobahn for years now.

Back