• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This really sucks!!!

Same sort of thing happened to me with a V8 Explorer at a local dealer, with a salesman I had bought several vehicles from.

I never bought anything from them again, but I wound up with a $24,000 Eddie Bauer Explorer which was a nice vehicle but was too darn expensive and not a good daily driver. So then I traded that on my Contour. :D

were you going to pay cash for the car??? or did you finance it?

im trying to understand how you have a reciept if you didn't pay anything?

if you had a deal for zero down and financed it, then sounds like its your car...if that is the case contact the dealer and try to get them to get it back or call the police and report it as stolen...

I was going to pay cash for the car...

If you signed a purchase order or a spot delivery form, it's legally your car. Most financed car purchases aren't funded right away, due to it being past the lender's business hours (after 5, weekends, etc...) and you do a "spot delivery" meaning the money is coming but the loan isn't funded yet. This sounds like your situation. IMO, you have a case. You signed a contract and they'd hold you to it if you broke it, why allow them to break it?

I don't know that I even want to deal with them anymore... I'll just start looking for the next bigger, better thing... Whether its a csvt or a fox body. I just dunno...

If they signed anything or gave you anything to sign that promised you the car in anyway shape or form take them to small claims court for breach of contract. You might also try calling the da and try pressing charges, but I dunno if that will work.

Do check the wording and spend a few hours looking over the law first, but it should be a pretty open/shut case as described, and even if you don't get the car you are certainly entitled to recompense ($$$) for the loan and the trouble you've been through.

in short, don't deal with them, deal with the law until you get a subpoena served.

Hey.That CSVT is from Houston. I know that dealership. Is that where you found the car ? I see your location is Nebraska.

I'm currently living in Houston for school as an auto tech... It was at Munday Chevrolet in north houston off of I-45 and FM 1960... Are you the one that grabbed it?

WTH is up with the badges on the trunklid? Isn't the SVT supposed to be on the driver's side, and no Contour? If that's the case, it was in a rear end collision anyways. Of course, you had no way of knowing that, because Carfax isn't worth a s*** in Texas. I got into an accident with my truck, other cars were involved, Police came, report was filed, insurance claimed, $3500 worth of damage repaired at a major chain body shop, etc. I went to sell my truck...NO RECORD OF ANYTHING ON THE COMPLETE CARFAX! I bought the Jetta with a clean carfax, got a CEL, took it to the dealer, had the cat replaced under warranty, and they told me that there was still a fair amount of damage from a front end collision visible. There was actually a lawsuit against Carfax last year for such discrepancies. :mad:

WTH is up with the badges on the trunklid? Isn't the SVT supposed to be on the driver's side, and no Contour? If that's the case, it was in a rear end collision anyways. Of course, you had no way of knowing that, because Carfax isn't worth a s*** in Texas. I got into an accident with my truck, other cars were involved, Police came, report was filed, insurance claimed, $3500 worth of damage repaired at a major chain body shop, etc. I went to sell my truck...NO RECORD OF ANYTHING ON THE COMPLETE CARFAX! I bought the Jetta with a clean carfax, got a CEL, took it to the dealer, had the cat replaced under warranty, and they told me that there was still a fair amount of damage from a front end collision visible. There was actually a lawsuit against Carfax last year for such discrepancies. :mad:

if you run a carfax on my 97 GL the last record it has (the last time i checked it anyways) was at ~12K miles when my dad bought in late 97. it was stolen once, hit a deer once, rear ended twice, frontal collision once (besides the deer), and now has almost 250K miles on it. none of that shows up on the carfax report. go figure :shrug:

it might have one report for when we transfered the title to my name back in november.

WTH is up with the badges on the trunklid? Isn't the SVT supposed to be on the driver's side, and no Contour? If that's the case, it was in a rear end collision anyways. Of course, you had no way of knowing that, because Carfax isn't worth a s*** in Texas.

I thought that something looked weird back there.... Oh well, looks like someone got a crash victim...

I thought that something looked weird back there.... Oh well, looks like someone got a crash victim...

my svt came that way. im thinking that along the assembly line, someone installed the contour badge not realizing it was an svt and just said "eh :censored: it" theres been a bunch of owners on here with the same thing. the man i bought mine from was the original owner and never had any body work done on the rear end

take it as an omen to save up the money and buy a car in cash to avoid paying more than the cars worth due to interest.

srsly...$3900 isn't that much money to save.

Back