• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT #1483 is back

dude that is awesome. now we need to get together and get some dyno pulls on our cars. i want to see what i am putting down and id like to compare the two cars side by side as we have two totally different 3Ls. sweet SVT man

Just curious, what is an MIL eliminator?

Malfunction Indicator Light eliminator (right?)

Basically, it's a tiny electrical component that is wired between your O2 sensor and where it plugs in that helps fake a good signal to the computer. This stops the Check Engine Lights that often come with header installs. Joey confirmed that the O2 sensors were shut off in my tune so I shouldn't have to worry about that.

I had a couple non-SVTs before the SVT, and frankly I don't miss them. Not to mention the SVT is a million times better in the snow than the SE I was driving due to my Blizzaks.

I like my SVT and I show it, not to mention I hate rust, so I store her winters...I plan on hanging on to it for the long term.

It's a :censored::censored::censored::censored:-ton of time/money. But try and come up with a car under 10 grand that's good looking, has 250hp, and the luxuries that I enjoy (well, there's leather...and...a sunroof...) and you'll come up with a pretty short list. I'm happy with what I have.

Back