• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SE front splitter project

why not make one and let people see what its going to look like:shrug: i cant speak for anyone else but for me its hard to be interested in something that i cant see

One of the best looking bumpers I have seen for a pre 98 was the guy who molded a SE bumper and a grand prix bumper together. I am too lazy to look for it LOL but it was :drool:

One of the best looking bumpers I have seen for a pre 98 was the guy who molded a SE bumper and a grand prix bumper together. I am too lazy to look for it LOL but it was :drool:

I stumbled across it while looking through photobucket, anyone know if this was a members? I kinda like the bumper and the lights are kinda cool but they could have been done much better.

contour1.jpg

This one?

why not make one and let people see what its going to look like:shrug: i cant speak for anyone else but for me its hard to be interested in something that i cant see

yeah im working on it. been swamped with school and racing. 4 weeks and ill have the first prototype done. at least the foam shaped.

Last edited:
The red car you started off with is mine, the lower edge if the front bumper is off one of these MG ZR's, if you notice I actually removed the section you want to put back from this one. The splitter section was about a couple of inches too narrow to fit the Mondy bumper, so it was cut at the centre and a bridging piece fitted and filled to match the general shape.

386e58ba.jpg

^^^ what is it made out of? and what material was used for the bridging?

that is exactly what i am looking for except smooth out the sides to match the SE sideskirts better and maybe emphasize the lip a little more. i might have to get one of those next time im in England

What about modifying the Mystique 96-97 lower air dam? I think it makes an SE bumper look pretty good. From the front it gives the car a wider look. Only downside is it needs the sides to extend to the same length as the bumper cover.

Back