• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SE front splitter project

lets here some idea's guys. If you want i could try a rear lip to give it a cut out for dual or single exhaust. just give ideas and pictures.

a front splitter is the big item id like to see but if anyone has suggestions let me or yamaha_racer_686 know. when i get some time hopefully tonight im going to dust off my Autocad computer and see if i can come up with a rendering of the bumper design. need to take some measurements of the bumper though. actually Yamaha_racer can you possible get some basic dimensions of the bumper you have sitting around? that would be great. i actually found a source in kansas city last night that sells SE front bumpers for $11.99!!! cheaper than ebay! so that is where we are and updates will be posted. i have some basic sketches but they are too light for my scanner to pick them up so im going to just go strait to autocad. this is a very simple and stylish design i hope so it can be replicated.

im up at college so i dont have access to anything at the moment sorry.

i will gladly attempt to make a front a rear lip for the Se's and maybe even the svt. and it wouldnt look like a mirko.

now i will say everything will be made of fiberglass. i cant help it as i am doing these myself.

as of a price i have no idea. shouldn't be very much definately under 250shipped.

also Kscontourkid is designing and doing alot of work. im just the builder. or attempter

Last edited:
Pics of idea

Pics of idea

ok i have not been able to get on the computer so i just took pictures of my crappy sketches... here they are

338823_44_full.jpg

338823_45_full.jpg

338823_46_full.jpg

hope these look ok. and i am horrible with shading. the side view gives the best idea of the shape

Last edited:
looks good. few questions. is it going to be flush up to the foglights??

like if i projected a line straight down from the fog lights the piece doesnt stick out past it?

for the piece that does stick out its going to follow the curve of the top part of the bumper and not stick out farther then the bumper its self.

If you can give me a few mesurements like how far down it comes off of the bumper, how far from the bottom edge can you come out until your right inline with the out most part of the bumper.

i can make it straight like the mirko, but making it bend up around the middle will be kind of ugly in my opinion

the dark part is a small lip. if you look at the picture of the mondeo i actually traced it for the front right angle and filled where the splitter would actually go. i got the idea for the actual splitter from a model car i have. i can take some pictures of that if youd like. the actual bigger model i have is packed away and i have no idea where it is. i have a smaller one though

to answer your questions.

it will follow the curve of the bumper approximately
if you draw a line straight down from the upper edge of the foglight is i believe about how far out it will come.
i do need to get some official measurements for you. it will be fairly straight across like i said it is a crapy sketch

i want it so slope up a little at the back to flow with the lines of the car. lets see what i can come up with on AutoCAD maybe it will make better sense if i can make it look good there. im a little rusty at AutoCAD so it might take a few days before i get anything for you.

Last edited:
yep sure did and i get your point perfectly. now work on getting a rear piece to go along while i try and get my bumper up to college. if i cant do that ill be going home every weekend here starting in march.

sketch up some more just incase this one doesnt work.

nope. dont have a license till feb23 then i get my car. then i bring it up to school. it will be a week or two till i get everything organized.

patience. i should have the car this weekend. but im not sure which bumper is on the front. ill find that out tonite. if you could get dimensions like width and depth and height and what not i could get the foam and get a rough shape togeather.

im picking the car up this friday. It will have the Se front on it so thats good. now it wont have the Se sideskirts though. it will have the svt ones. so ill do my best to make it line up.

cant wait for warm weather.

Not to take over your thread, but has anyone ever modded a REAR SVT bumper to align better with the SE sideskirts?

Back