• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What Dealer is the best for an alt?

qokuh

New CEG'er
I need to know the best ford dealer for a new alt. install. I HATE ROY OBRIEN so im not goin there. Any suggestions? I am in the Detroit area.

I need to know the best ford dealer for a new alt. install. I HATE ROY OBRIEN so im not goin there. Any suggestions? I am in the Detroit area.

Why do you want to take it to the dealer!?!? They will charge a small fortune to do it! It is a pain in the butt job, you mine as well pull the freaken engine! Not really, but it does make you cuss at Ford!

there is a place at 8mile and shaneor that will do it. the SHO alt put out 150 amps and it was like 100 dollars to do that

Got it installed...560 bucks!!! And then they said i need a new tierod so when all was said and done it was 760 bucks!!! I'm not very happy right now. And I didn't want those %#@$@#$% to drive my car but they said they had to test drive it. Pssshhh...the last time they did that they put a ton of miles on it to find the IAC prob. (and they didnt even find it) that was before I was on this cite. They put on 8 miles this time. WORDS CANT EXPRESS WHAT IM FEELING RIGHT NOW.

Why do people create a thread with a question and then never read it unitl they already made a decision? Sometimes I wonder about people.

Back