• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its official, im going to PSU

ilive4sports

Hard-core CEG'er
Well everything is now official. I received my acceptance letter from PSU University Park today. Kind of fitting on the Tailgate with the Lions day for the Big 33. Thats a huge relief. I might be doing the summer session which starts June 29th so, in less than 5 months, im going to be a college student. Now i hate to say it, but the car will probably be taking a back seat in getting mods for awhile now too cause college is expensive and i want to try and not work during the school year. But she will barely get any miles on her the next 4 years.

Thanks. Nothing wrong with keeping the miles down, i was just hoping to get some more stuff done on her but i got to keep my priorities straight, and that means school first.

Thanks. Nothing wrong with keeping the miles down, i was just hoping to get some more stuff done on her but i got to keep my priorities straight, and that means school first.

Thats a good attitude. And don't worry, there is always summer and breaks that you can work on it.

I almost registered at University Park for my next two years, but a job offer and me realizing how much I enjoy PSU W-B made me decide against it. Plus I know too many people at U-Park which would aid in preventing me from graduating!

You'll enjoy it there though. Plus a Penn State degree will take you anywhere you want to go.

What are you going for if I may ask?

Im going for journalism, sports journalism to be specific. Im really looking forward to it. I really like it up there. First though is getting season tickets for football.

congrats! i might be transfering up next fall! If i get approved, i havne't decided if im going to bring my baby or not, so if you get the urrge to go for a spin.. :laugh: i might be willing to share.

Congratulations Jeff! That's great news!

:cool:

PSU...

PSU...

Graduated from there in '94. Coming from a small town in Georgia straight to University Park was a bit overwhelming [the campus if f'ing huge, especially if you're on foot.] at first and the intro classes are huge but its a great school and since you have a major selected already you should settle into your college easy enough. Socially, there were as many ''distractions'' as I wanted--more than you could possibly want and actually be a student. [Hint: Get to know several waitresses and you will never have to worry about the libation. And libation always seemed to be a priority back then.] Get an apartment on the bus line, if you're going to have car issues. The buses sucked back then but they were cheap and ran all night long. Or do they still have that silly on-campus rule? You will also probably see the end of an era--JoPa can't coach forever. Any Penn Staters out there remember the crazy campus preachers outside Sparks or Old Main??

Freshman need to live on campus still. I dont have a problem with it really. The transportation they have up there is great now. Im not worried about not taking my car as it would be more trouble if i did.

"The Lesbos with the Dildos!!!"

"The Lesbos with the Dildos!!!"

I almost forgot that tagline, which for me sums up all that is wrong with the world, huh?...glad to know he is still around and hasn't been called home to his final reward.

Back