• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Gauges

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
the other day i poped out the cluster to try some leds in it and i put it in and nothing lit p. i gave up on the led idea and weante to just put it back togeather stock. when i did so i turned on the headlights to see if it weould just light up green and i had nothing. all the other lights on the cluster work except for the ones that light up the gauges. i only put an led in one location. does anyone know what is wrong and what i need to do to fix this? also, my dimmer switch is pluged in. i rmeber once it was unpluged and that was the problem.

How hard is it to get the gauges out? My speedo light is pretty dim. I can't see anything around dusk if I turn my headlights on but it's not completely pitch black outside. I bought a replacement bulb, but haven't tried to figure out how to get the thing out.

How hard is it to get the gauges out? My speedo light is pretty dim. I can't see anything around dusk if I turn my headlights on but it's not completely pitch black outside. I bought a replacement bulb, but haven't tried to figure out how to get the thing out.

You bought a replacement bulb? Where and what was the bulb number? I couldn't get a proper fit bulb for my gf's '96 gauge cluster...I'd check on fitment, unless of course you got it from a dealer. And it's not hard to take the gauges out. There are 5 ( I think) screw holding in the dash trim piece, and two of them are angled up in the gauge area, and there are 5 holding in the gauges. Just unscrew and pull it out and slap in the bulb.

Back