• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic Request- Contours Painted Flat Black

After I get my motor done, on to the paint job. Painting it white, in between that, I'll get a pic up of it in primer.

After I get my motor done, on to the paint job. Painting it white, in between that, I'll get a pic up of it in primer.

:nonono::mad::blackeye:

Primer and a professional matte or satin black are not the same thing.

I remember anyone in the past that painted their car flat black...:shrug:

My car, and then yours, had flat black primer on the front 1/4 panels and hood. I always thought about doing the rest of the car that way and having something in gloss on top. I think you told me something about a car you saw in a mag like that.

:nonono::mad::blackeye:

Primer and a professional matte or satin black are not the same thing.
Word :censored::censored::censored::censored: is not cheap :shrug:

Messed around a little in photoshop. I kinda like it :crazy:

satin.jpg

Last edited:
My car, and then yours, had flat black primer on the front 1/4 panels and hood. I always thought about doing the rest of the car that way and having something in gloss on top. I think you told me something about a car you saw in a mag like that.

I saw it in a mag a while back. They did it in sport compact if I'm not mistaken. It was really ghetto. It was a brand new WRX Sti. They took the wing off the trunk lid, sanded the entire car and then painted it with rattle can Krylon/Rustoleum flat black. It turned out OK. But geez that was ridiculous. I mean come on.. rattle can the entire car? :crazy: I remember the picture of all the empty spray cans... there had to have been at least 30+ cans.

Last edited:
I saw it in a mag a while back. They did it in sport compact if I'm not mistaken. It was really ghetto. It was a brand new WRX Sti. They took the wing off the trunk lid, sanded the entire car and then painted it with rattle can Krylon/Rustoleum flat black. It turned out OK. But geez that was ridiculous. I mean come on.. rattle can the entire car? :crazy: I remember the picture of all the empty spray cans... there had to have been at least 30+ cans.
I remember that exact mag. I can't believe it was rattle canned :crazy:

Like others have mentioned, it's neer been done, the closest would be somebody who's had their car primered with a profesional spray gun.

funny that you as for a picture of it, because i'f i were keeping my car it would be either satin black, or white. but it's gettin sold. so :shrug:

that would be sweet, then you could use your car's paint as protection for the metal, AND a chalkboard for custom messages to the drivers around you.

Im gonna do it.

I had planned to do this if I ever got another beater contour, although the cheap rattle can primer type. I love the look of satin/flat black. Would be pretty cool to see someone do it.

Back