• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New England Dragway Meet with some SHO Folks?

tozovr

CEG'er
Hey folks,

First post here...love the CSVTs and not-so-secretly want one. If I can't have one, I'd love to just meet up with some of you and run the cars a bit. Let the dogs hunt so to speak.

I have an '89 SHO with a few mods. Nice clean car.

Anyhow, I grew up about 10 minutes from New England Dragway and now live about 25 minutes away.

Every Wednesday night and Friday night you can run there for a small fee. Was hoping to get a group of ford's finest 4 doors (SHO's and CSVTs) together for some fun.

Obviously it's a ways away but I figure you can knock the idea around a bit.

Thanks!

RJ

'89 SHO

i thought the track closes for the winter... guess im mistaken, once i get a tune which is when i get my taxes back ill come up there.

LOL, It does, my bad, I meant for this coming spring. give everyone a chance to think it over and for folks to agree on a date.

RJ

Hey folks,

First post here...love the CSVTs and not-so-secretly want one. If I can't have one, I'd love to just meet up with some of you and run the cars a bit. Let the dogs hunt so to speak.

I have an '89 SHO with a few mods. Nice clean car.

Anyhow, I grew up about 10 minutes from New England Dragway and now live about 25 minutes away.

Every Wednesday night and Friday night you can run there for a small fee. Was hoping to get a group of ford's finest 4 doors (SHO's and CSVTs) together for some fun.

Obviously it's a ways away but I figure you can knock the idea around a bit.

Thanks!

RJ

'89 SHO

A titanium '89. Very nice. Two questions: how stock is it, and how many miles?

i almost bought that car on shoforums a few months ago. you rust bought that right? has a purple painted engine block
i have a svtc i'll trade ya:laugh:

We've been to a couple of the street nights in the past.
If we can get a decent group together for some street nights this year, I'd be willing to come hang out.

A titanium '89. Very nice. Two questions: how stock is it, and how many miles?

Car has 109k on it and the engine has 89k on it. Engine is stock, driveline is beefed up a bit. Aluminum sub frame bushings, poly engine and tranny mounts, 96+ Brake upgrade (from 10.2" rotors up front to 11.6"). I have a set of sub frame connectors for it as well as a few other goodies.

i almost bought that car on shoforums a few months ago. you rust bought that right? has a purple painted engine block
i have a svtc i'll trade ya:laugh:
Do. Not. Tempt. Me.:eek:

(pics? ha!)

It's my second Lt Titanium '89!

here's the old one (pic taken in '97 or so)
old3.jpg

here's the new one...
IMG_5863.jpg

First order of business when I picked it up was to get some winter Tires and wheels...some Italian slicers did perfectly.

IMG_5938.jpg

Thankfully I have a complete 3.0 from which to take a NON-Purple Intake and Valve covers etc LOL. Currently working on a ported and polished/gasket matched intake.

Car has 109k on it and the engine has 89k on it. Engine is stock, driveline is beefed up a bit. Aluminum sub frame bushings, poly engine and tranny mounts, 96+ Brake upgrade (from 10.2" rotors up front to 11.6"). I have a set of sub frame connectors for it as well as a few other goodies...

here's the new one...
IMG_5863.jpg

First order of business when I picked it up was to get some winter Tires and wheels...some Italian slicers did perfectly...

I've had two 1994s -- a deep emerald green and an opal frost. Did the brake upgrade on the opal along with Earl's lines, a full 60K on a new motor with new shims and lash caps where necessary, all new sensors (ECT, CPS, etc.), water pump, struts, control arms, new strut rods, all bushings. Plus all sorts of other things I won't bore you with here. It was a wild ride, and a great project. Had almost 222K on the green one when I sold her. Great cars. :cool:

Italian slicers? Sure you don't want some nice Canadian ones for that "unique" look on one side of the car? :laugh:

oh!!!!!!!!!!!! you soo bought that car i was gonna buy. he let that thing go for so cheap. i felt bad not buying it.but the wife wouldnt let me. that is one very very clean car.
GeorgeandmoreCarmella004.jpg

I've had two 1994s -- a deep emerald green and an opal frost. Did the brake upgrade on the opal along with Earl's lines, a full 60K on a new motor with new shims and lash caps where necessary, all new sensors (ECT, CPS, etc.), water pump, struts, control arms, new strut rods, all bushings. Plus all sorts of other things I won't bore you with here. It was a wild ride, and a great project. Had almost 222K on the green one when I sold her. Great cars. :cool:

Italian slicers? Sure you don't want some nice Canadian ones for that "unique" look on one side of the car? :laugh:

yeah Chris and Ken nailed all the maint/seals, gaskets etc when they put the new motor in the car...Earls lines too!

oh!!!!!!!!!!!! you soo bought that car i was gonna buy. he let that thing go for so cheap. i felt bad not buying it.but the wife wouldnt let me. that is one very very clean car.
GeorgeandmoreCarmella004.jpg

Ooooohhhh...I'm in lust.

oh man do i love gen 1 SHO's!!!
Agreed. There was one on eBay recently .. same color. It was in spotless condition, they even showed pictures of the rust-free undercarriage. It was very tempting but I have absolutely no space for more cars...

The center caps won't fit with my lugs LOL. I'm saving the blacked-out wheel treatment for my Gen 3 Chromies...get them Powder coated this spring and get the G force KDW's on there.

100_0414.jpg

The first order of business was to remove the headlight covers, the ventshades and the dash cover...oh and the 8ball shift knob.:) All better now.
Pretty much all the car "needs" is some eibach's and Konis...and maybe a cat-back (quiet stocker on there LOL.)]

RJ

i have some gen3 sho rims(from a 99) much prettier than the chromies. def'n needs to be lowered and get a ypipe,you wont regret it. best mod ev3r for the sho

i have some gen3 sho rims(from a 99) much prettier than the chromies. def'n needs to be lowered and get a ypipe,you wont regret it. best mod ev3r for the sho

Blah blah SHo, Blah...Can I have your car?

Seriously though, I'm very happy with the SHO...like being 24 again LOL...well, except I'm 33...oh, and this one isn't falling to pieces LOL!!

Back