• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which Picture is Which...

Which Picture is Which...

• Me?

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Me?

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I Can't Tell the Differance

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Still waiting for Alias to chime in. he "Knows" the difference.

first of all, you're a dick.

Second, its the first picture that is OEM, the non OEM ebay grille has thinner and less distinct mesh, however its hard to tell due to the differences in distance between each picture.

a narrow mesh is hard to distinguish between due to the fact that in a photograph the smallest change.

Furthermore, if you SERIOUSLY made a thread just to try and prove me wrong you need to get a girlfriend or a hobby who cares about my opinion? Especially on CEG, plus I could care less which grille is which, they both look fine.

so it is the first one i figured it only because the "chrome" on the emblem and the first one match. the second pic the emblem and the ring clearly do not match therefore the first is the OEM

my $.02

first of all, you're a dick.

Second, its the first picture that is OEM, the non OEM ebay grille has thinner and less distinct mesh, however its hard to tell due to the differences in distance between each picture.

a narrow mesh is hard to distinguish between due to the fact that in a photograph the smallest change.

Furthermore, if you SERIOUSLY made a thread just to try and prove me wrong you need to get a girlfriend or a hobby who cares about my opinion? Especially on CEG, plus I could care less which grille is which, they both look fine.

Thanks for chiming in.
I wanted to show, that there is no Discernable visual difference between OEM and EbaY Grille's... I need to take a pic of my OEM one now :D

BOTH of these Grille's are Ebay Grille's. :laugh:

No one here can tell the differance in these 2 pictures, because there physically is not one... Sorry, i dont have 2 pics of the same angle :(.
I will get side by side pics of these in the future though.
I wanted to post this because so many people are so AFRAID to buy the Ebay one, because SOME ONE (no, not just you)says it's not the same, or it looks different. These Grilles are $40 Shipped to your door, and, from what i have seen (which Probably is not as much as most) is that there is NO difference in visual Appearance. I have Compared this to my 2 Oem's, and the ones on Many of the local car's. I have Noticed NO Difference between mesh or the overall quality compared to OEM.

This wasn't JUST for you. YOU stated in another Thread that the EBAY Grilles Appear Different. While this is possible, the link i posted, to the grill i bought, is an EXACT Replica of the OEM.

I wan't people to KNOW there is an option out there. And a Fairly Cheap one at that, to replace a part of the front end that typically takes some damage over the years!

Last edited:
Sweet, so you took 2 pics of the exact same grill from different angles so they look different. Then expected us to think they looked the same.

You sir, are a retard.

so this was just a trick question to make yourself feel superior for buying a cheaper product? congrats :rolleyes:

the psychology behind trick questions such as this are what make them so worthless and hated. taking advantage of the inherent trust in the question asker, you plant the seed that these are in fact two different grilles. with that trust the askee has in you, the asker, they dissect every little difference. all of these differences have to do with the pictures not being identical, NOTHING to do with one of them perhaps being OEM.

i hate people that feel the need to trick and deceive in order to feel better.

Can you Tell the differance?
Vote on which one you think is the OEM SVT Grill.
Look VERY carefully!

Changed Pic one to a similar angle as pic 2.

Take a look at the ORIGINAL POST AND QUESTION..

I Implied NOTHING>
I asked people to vote on which onthe they THINK is the OEM Grille!
And added Look VERY Carfully.
I even added the option of i can see no difference.

There was no difference.
I guess in hind(sp?) sight, i should have added 2 more...

4)They are both SVT Grille's
5)They are both Ebay Grille's.

Regardless, i did not imply one was an SVT grille, i asked you, as the poll taker, to look CLOSELY at the images and vote for one or the other if YOU think it is an SVT Grille or, to vote with i see no differance.

who the hell thinks decided they could make money selling knockoff svt grilles? are the oem's even that expensive?

and lastly, who cares anyway?

junkyard prices are 50% hustle. i would have ovvered him half what he was asking. some guy did this to me once...i was retarded and cut the 4wd computer out of my exploder thinking it was the factory amp for the stereo. much to my dismay after not being able to get either my new radio to work or my 4wd in the snow!

so i found a similar truck in the yard, shot to hell, and i had to take the part out myself. i walk into the office and the guy's like $50. I said how do i even know it works? i don't see no other explorers out there and you're not gonna give me a refund either. $25 it was.

Back