• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

G'daaaaaamit I f'n hate people!!!!!!!!

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
From SHOforum... This is my old SHO I sold this past May.

SHOracer14 said:
Last night at about 12:30 a I was falling asleep I heard a big bang and felt a vibration. I then went outside and found this.
IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

The weapon of choice was the rock in the second picture. The car is totaled. I am still fighting with the insurance company wether to fix it or not. They are trying to say that it was hit by a car and not hit by the rock but the rock was never there before and the impact is perfectly shaped to the rock. The frame is tweaked as the back door is very hard to open. I am very angry right now. whoever did this better hope I never find out who they are.

I had so much time keeping this car in good shape. I had to replace the subframe in early winter because of the solid bushings I put in it. The subframe cracked around it. I had to find an MTX subframe first which is not easy, had it sandblasted and then had the cones welded. These SF's are not like a Contour. They are big and heavy! I was a huge PITA to get the old one out and the one in. I did by myself. Totally kicked my ass. That's not it though. I replaced almost every maintenance item I could. Fuel pump, starter, radiator, brakes a couple times, hoses, etc etc etc. The vented sunroof shade had this crap velvet stuff on it from the factory. I found a grey 94-95 solid shade, ordered black roof material and reupholstered it myself. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Just try and find a red '93 with split black leather and a manual. I doubt you will.

Why the hell would someone do that? That's a huge ass rock. Whoever did it is in for a beating.

They probably thought it was still Todd's car. ;)

wtf is up with the insurance company trying to say that a car hit it?!
wouldn't the bumper be in worse shape if a car friggin hit it? derr!
And there's the rock to boot!
geez

Because as we know insurance companies are pieces of ****. I'll say that personally knowing my agent. Who cares if it was a car or rock? Vandalism if it was a rock I guess. Sucks owning such a car with ****e resale. Gets totaled with the slightest damage.

that sucks.

maybe i suck at physics, but unless the hulk threw that rock i don't see how that happened.

that's why i want to sell my car to someone whom i'll never see it again, cause i'm afraid what someone else will do to it. it's also the reason i've been procrastinating selling it. seeings pics like that would break my heart.

happens all the time though. friend of mine sold a 95 eclipse back in the day, he had almost 100k into (sponsored), kid he sold it to wrecked it the next day.

Ever see Dazed and Confused? Bowling ball through the rear window? Same thing but with a giant rock. If a vehicle is traveling 30-40 mph when the rock is pitched the damage is going to be great.

Wow, some people just have no regard for other people's property. I bet they had no idea how much time or $ was put into that car. It's a shame to see that happen to such a nice SHO. I have only seen a couple nice SHO's around here, the rest are all beat and rusted to hell.

Sorry to see that Todd.

There is a local guy near where i work that has two nicely modified SHO's...when the SVT is back on the road in spring i'm going to stop by when i see him and ask to check em out. :cool:

now why couldnt that have happened to my SHo before i sold it?
i would have gotten more for it thru insurance than i sold it for!

well at least now it blends in with most of the other SHOs on the road :shrug:

j/k. that sucks man. although, personally, when i sell a car i held dear, i hope it gets totalled or stolen so i dont have to feel bad seeing it being driven around any more. i know, its :crazy:

Well I only advertised it on SHO forum so it would go to a good home. It did too. Jim still put $ into it after he bought it from me. He was going to get a cowl hood at one point. He put aftermarket wheels on it, painted the UIM and other things. I hope he ends up getting it fixed. My car was one of the few of that year that wasn't all rusty. Damn rust belt.

why did you sell it? it looks like a nice SHo and you put so much work into it. couldnt you have just kept it in the stable?

i know your pain, todd...

the new owner of my CSVT promptly put it into a ditch within a week of buying it from me. i won't name names. :laugh:

Man that F'in sucks!!!

One of my sincerest hopes in life is that cowards who vandalize other peoples sh*t, eventually get what's coming to them

Looks like it was mint too. At least it's not your problem anymore. I'm sure someone out there has a near factory preserved SHO... take some comfort in that... you can't save them all from the dumbas$es of the world. Always sucks to see your pride and joy get trashed though.

Last edited:
Back