• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone know this SVT?

then i think he loses to david z.

I'll give that to him with one caveat. He did ~245fwhp, but that was on the SHO Shop dynojet if I recall correctly. That dyno was known to lie and even the Car they had in MM&FF a number of years back produced complete BS numbers as they were not running pump gas. If had thrown in say some 100octane gas I could have thrown in a lot more timing into the tune. Also DavidZ had some trick heads & cams from SVO.

My only regret (other than having to let the car go) was not throwing in a set of CAT Cams Stage 3 camshafts. I think I could have easily hit the 250fwhp mark with those and ran the F-er up to 8K.

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe I found this car discussed here, especially a post almost one year old.
I called on it today and the dealer told me it was a one-owner trade on an STI and that the owner kept meticulous records. The emailed me a mod list totaling $19k:shocked:
Anyway, it looks like they've had it for a while and Carfax came back clean as a 1 owner out of CA so it may not have had any other owners since.
I'll send you a PM.
-J

this car has been discussed about a couple times in the past year. i went and looked at it when they were asking 13k. the woman there kept telling me that it was a race car that was faster than any V8 mustang on the road. also told me that i had to be 21 to test it, when my svt was parked right next to it in clear sight

this car has been discussed about a couple times in the past year. i went and looked at it when they were asking 13k. the woman there kept telling me that it was a race car that was faster than any V8 mustang on the road. also told me that i had to be 21 to test it, when my svt was parked right next to it in clear sight
lol 21 to test it. I used to remember back when I wanted to drive something and the douches wouldnt do anything but let me go for a ride with them in a car at the lot I was like WTF!? I'm not buying a car you won't let me drive!

DAMN that car dyno'd high!! :eek:

lol at Todra's track remark. :laugh: ive never tracked mine, well, except for the drag strip. once i get the trans fixed id definitely like to see what it would do in the 1/4.

I might go test drive it this friday on my way back home. It'll add about 4 hours to the trip, but that car has pretty much everything and then some I'd want to do to an SVTC.
I'm hoping to hear from the original owner to answer some questions so I don't waste my time. I'll post the mod list they sent me later this weekend.
-J

car is well equiped but in my opinion that car is not worth what they are asking for it
seeing as i buy these things all the time i am right:laugh:

Last edited:
For all that has been done to tha car, price seems fair. I got ma 98 svt for 6grand in 2004. Had quite a few mods already. We all know how much it costs to install a 3L with performance mods. At the same time, if this car has been on the selling block for a while now, am thinking the owner might wanna drop the price just a little n see if it's picked up.

For all that has been done to tha car, price seems fair. I got ma 98 svt for 6grand in 2004. Had quite a few mods already. We all know how much it costs to install a 3L with performance mods. At the same time, if this car has been on the selling block for a while now, am thinking the owner might wanna drop the price just a little n see if it's picked up.

that was in 2004 things are different now i just bought a t red on thursday with 90k for 1300 .3l cost next to nothing
as a matter of fact ive bought 4 svts this summer and not paid more than 2200 all good running nice cars

Last edited:
that was in 2004 things are different now i just bought a t red on thursday with 90k for 1300 .3l cost next to nothing
as a matter of fact ive bought 4 svts this summer and not paid more than 2200 all good running nice cars

how do u buy cars that much below blubook value? :shrug: notice i said "with performance mods." no straight 3L will give you more than ~175-180whp. Its the extra stuff that runs ya. I guess it helps if you know how to do these things by urself.

how do u buy cars that much below blubook value? :shrug: notice i said "with performance mods." no straight 3L will give you more than ~175-180whp. Its the extra stuff that runs ya. I guess it helps if you know how to do these things by urself.

regardless of mods im an old school mustang guy. mods have always and will always lower the price of a vehicle there are certain ocasions where this wont apply but in most cases. take the two turboed contours that were recently for sale obviously they didnt get what they wanted to for the cars both being nice cars but if i want a turbo tour i will take a contour put a 3l and a turbo for less than what those cars went for. then i will be the only person who has beat on it. when a car like this is for sale and these two being great examples, both cars well taken care of, very nice rides ,but your gonna tell me these guys never beat on these cars. bull. that makes a car worth less to me atleast.
these cars are for sale cheap everywhere just have to look

I can't believe it's still for sale by the same people a year later. They still use the same Autotrader Ad that was posted a year ago too.

I can't believe it's still for sale by the same people a year later. They still use the same Autotrader Ad that was posted a year ago too.

thats because they want to much for it and im sorry but if im going to buy a car and the person says this thing will blow away any mustang on the road
first bullcrap
second the car has been abused or else how would you know it will blow all these other cars away

thats because they want to much for it and im sorry but if im going to buy a car and the person says this thing will blow away any mustang on the road
first bullcrap
second the car has been abused or else how would you know it will blow all these other cars away
define abused here? Ya im sure the car has had its fair share of beating laid to it but what exactly do you consider an abused car? Racing in general? The reason we put the 3l in is to get more power right? If that wasn't the case and we only did it to get the car running after a 2.5 fails then why dont we all just start putting se motors in so Our cars arent considerfed abused and have no value:blackeye:

you qouted my answer to your question .
dont get me wrong ive never owned a car i havent modified
but those cars have never been worth what ive put into them point and fact.
im not saying i wouldnt do these mods hell ive got a 3l in the garage awaiting turbo as we speak
for a car that has 30k miles on it

Last edited:
define abused here? Ya im sure the car has had its fair share of beating laid to it but what exactly do you consider an abused car? Racing in general? The reason we put the 3l in is to get more power right? If that wasn't the case and we only did it to get the car running after a 2.5 fails then why dont we all just start putting se motors in so Our cars arent considerfed abused and have no value:blackeye:

yea. was gonna ask the same thing. Most who have 3Ls wanted the extra power n torque. They had to have used it, right? Besides, rawburt and jeff's cars didn't go for what they were really worth cos its no news that we cegers are usually broke. :laugh: (sorry guys). Anyone who knows what they did to their cars knows they have to be worth that much. Problem is only those who can afford it will likely purchase them at their true turbo'd value.

"Problem is only those who can afford it will likely purchase them at their true turbo'd value." didnt you just say that

Back