• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Work in Progress

contourspd98

Veteran CEG'er
Started the headlight retro a couple of weekends ago and here is my current status.

Dsc00078.jpg

Dsc00079.jpg

I know its a different headlight than the one before but it's just to show how well they cleaned up
Dsc00080.jpg

BMW 5 series xenon projectors

Dsc00041.jpg

Dsc00046.jpg

And now where I'm at now. I will just need to check it all in the car to figure out if the cutoff is straight and to see how the high beams line up. Then seal it all up and install them.

Dsc00089.jpg

Dsc00095.jpg

Dsc00091.jpg

Dsc00090.jpg

Last edited:
have you considered doing the hightower mod and painting the projector housing/brackets black? would help them to blend in..b/c as they are they look like a home job:shrug:
nice work otherwise..what did you pay for those projectors?

have you considered doing the hightower mod and painting the projector housing/brackets black? would help them to blend in..b/c as they are they look like a home job:shrug:
nice work otherwise..what did you pay for those projectors?

I have thought about painting the reflector behind the projector black, But I plan on putting a shroud on the front so it will cover up the brackets... I'm thinking about hightowering them prairie tan to match the car... Dunno though, I got black hightowers in now and I like how they look(even though the lens' are cloudy). It's still a work in progress.

Dont forget a full shroud to block all the stray light that will be escaping.

what did you pay for those projectors?

I paid just a little over $100 on ebay for projectors and bulbs together... I don't know what temp. the bulbs are though. Just search d2s and there are always some on there pretty cheap.

They're looking pretty good

Speaking of projectors and retrofitting them and what not, what are some good ones that people use and how exactly do you install them in the head lamp?

They're looking pretty good

Speaking of projectors and retrofitting them and what not, what are some good ones that people use and how exactly do you install them in the head lamp?

It's all really a preference of what you will like and what will fit... Whether you want xenon or bi-xenon. Halogen or HID. Many vehicles have them. BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Acura, Nissan etc... I personally would like to get some Acura TL projectors but their a little out of my price range. To fab them in I had to cut the back of the actual headlight housing. Slid them in through the front, Cut a hole in the reflector housing with a little bit of room for adjustment.(ie if the cut-off is level) I haven't gotten them fully mounted yet as I haven't checked the level of them against a wall.

Last edited:
Back