• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

adding stock fog lights

First thing you'll need is the front bumper cover c/w nacelles....
pre98 has a plastic piece that is bolted in to fill the fog light holes. no need to change bumpers. :shrug:

first thing you should do is check to see if your car already has the factory wiring harness for the fog lights. some contours came with everything except the fog lights w/brackets, headlight switch, and relay. if your lucky yours is one of those. if not then you will need all those parts as well as the factory wiring harness.

it looks like I have a lot of extra wires behind the dash, I think I might be set on the harness, but how can I be sure what to look for? I tried to look behind the bumper for wiring but couldn't get a real good look. I'm going to do a search, but it would be great if I could get some pics.

You don't have to use the stock wiring set-up. You could just wire it up from the battery. I have mine set-up with a relay so they come on with the headlights.

You don't have to use the stock wiring set-up. You could just wire it up from the battery. I have mine set-up with a relay so they come on with the headlights.

+1, I have mine setup from the battery with a relay so they come on an off with the car (pending the out of sight switch underneath the steering column is on.) That way I never forget to leave them on when I turn the car off. And I Can drive around all cool with just fogs on :cool:

+1, I have mine setup from the battery with a relay so they come on an off with the car (pending the out of sight switch underneath the steering column is on.) That way I never forget to leave them on when I turn the car off. And I Can drive around all cool with just fogs on :cool:
+1 as well, although mine are relayed off the corner lights so it looks like i have the fog light mod done :D:D

Back