• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Unorthadox Fly wheel

contourdude

New CEG'er
I bought a 98 se with a blown motor- he thru a rod(cracked oil pan, block and one head)
it came with a new block etc... and it came with Unorthadox flywheel. I looked it up and they retail for like 570. Its that the real price? Ifso, is it worth putting in, or should i sell it because i am kind of poor. Let me know what you guys think.

I bought a 98 se with a blown motor- he thru a rod(cracked oil pan, block and one head)
it came with a new block etc... and it came with Unorthadox flywheel. I looked it up and they retail for like 570. Its that the real price? Ifso, is it worth putting in, or should i sell it because i am kind of poor. Let me know what you guys think.

That was the price before..but now its like $165

Huh? Unorthodox Racing's lightweight flys are still listed on the SP Motorsports site for $545... Where are they now $165?

I think they are ten pounds, but I am not sure. I wish i knew the advantages. Will i be able to tell a difference with the flywheel in?

I think they are ten pounds, but I am not sure. I wish i knew the advantages. Will i be able to tell a difference with the flywheel in?

Yes you will definently be able to tell the difference! The car will rev much faster and drop revs much faster. Also gets more power to the wheels!

Last edited:
Back