• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Picture Request: Pre98 cupholder

mzracer360

Veteran CEG'er
I went to the parts dept. of my local Licoln/Mercury/Mazda dealer to get a pre98 cupholder for my ATX console. The guy there said the dual is no longer available, I'd have to get a single cupholder setup along with a new plastic cover. Can I get a picture of the single? I not sure if I should go with the single from the dealer, or go to a scrapyard and find a pre98 with the dual setup.

Thanks,

mzracer360

wrong,not exactaly the same as the daul. they also made a single w/the smaller diameter of the older daul setups. its called the spiller on neco,as its too big for anything short of a supersized mcdonalds drink.
look in the classifieds,aussieford is selling one of the larger revised cupholders. if you want a daul setup just go to the yards and look. the last two i sold on ebay i got 40~ dollars for apiece:cool:
here's a comparison pic i took.
SANY1002.jpg

Last edited:
All I really need is one cupholder, and the single one looks like it could be a little stronger. Unfortunatly Aussie Ford just sold his last one. I'll take a look at our local yard one of these days. Thanks!

I had a big problem with my last updated single cupholder. Because it was used, it was obviously worn. Taking a turn with the drink in the holder, would cause it to spill because the cupholder would fold itself inward like it was being closed.

I bought a brand new one off eBay that was overstock and swapped it out, and it's solid as hell. It holds perfect and never seems to fold up. It takes more force to close it up myself.

Just something to keep in mind when buying used.

wrong,not exactaly the same as the daul. they also made a single w/the smaller diameter of the older daul setups. its called the spiller on neco,as its too big for anything short of a supersized mcdonalds drink.
look in the classifieds,aussieford is selling one of the larger revised cupholders. if you want a daul setup just go to the yards and look. the last two i sold on ebay i got 40~ dollars for apiece:cool:
here's a comparison pic i took.
SANY1002.jpg

wrong eh?

there were more variations of the single cup holder than that, my pre98 single cup holder looked just like the double cup holder cut in half.

Do more research

Last edited:
There is 6 possible cupholders and 6 possible bezels between Mystiques and Contours.

Single small (95-96 MTX)
Dual small (95-96 ATX)
Large single (97 ATX/MTX and for all future 95-96 replacements)

There is 2 of each style depending on whether it's Mystique or Contour and then 2 of each bezel to go over the cupholder.

wrong eh?

there were more variations of the single cup holder than that, my pre98 single cup holder looked just like the double cup holder cut in half.

Do more research

You are nothing but a piss-pot these days. Do us all a favor, take that Zetec of yours - build a 3L. Add a few gauge pods. Maybe turbo and nitrous the car. You know what, compete with Josh and build a complete race Contour. And while you're at it, do more research to show us you know what you're talking about.

Jesus Farking Christ. The guy was inaccurate about cupholders. Nitpick much?

they also made a single w/the smaller diameter of the older daul setups.
hey hotshot...reread what i said. i clearly said that there was a single smaller cupholder.
i'll do more research if you learn how to read properly....deal:shrug:

hey hotshot...reread what i said. i clearly said that there was a single smaller cupholder.
i'll do more research if you learn how to read properly....deal:shrug:

then why did you say I was wrong when I was right?

b/c the one you posted is the revised cupholder. its not the smaller single one originally available.:shrug:

Back