• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Unknown Beeping?!

I'm not seeing a black one that looks like that. Any idea on what it's labeled on the diagram of the box? Theres a bigger fuse-thing that's black, but it looks bigger than that.
A black one has 3 prongs, not two though.

Last edited:
Has your battery/Charge light been on lately? If yes, your battery "died". You need to charge it up. Then test if the battery or alternator is "dead".
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=3535

If battery and alternator test fine, chances are your airbag light is out on the dash panel, and you have a problem with your airbag(s).
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=202

Count the beeps, then post the exact number of beeps here. 4-1 or 3-2 or 4-4 or whatever. That will help determine what is wrong with the airbag system.

Last edited:
My doors lock and interior lights work. Would they without battery?

Airbag light is fine, but it's not on or anything.

I think he's right. I bet you battery is dead. Just enough juice to honk the horn a few times, and light up the interior. I knew my battery was dying because when the fall turned to winter, the colder it got, the air bag light came on, and the speedomater went nuts, and other stuff. Then it finaly just went all at once. We jumped it, it ran for ahalf hour. We turned it back off, tried to start it and it just died... cick click click. Battery totally dead. Bought a new battery, and have had a few months now of perfect starting, no blinking lights, and a smoother idle, all in sub zero weather.

I betcha ANYTHING it your battery. I'd be shocked if it was not.

My doors lock and interior lights work. Would they without battery?

Airbag light is fine, but it's not on or anything.

With a dead battery your accessories can still work, just doesn't have enough juice to start the car. I'd pull it out and get a ride to an auto parts store to have them test the battery for you (free most places).

Back