• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The old stuff

Is the best :) Something I've always been into is old technology. I asked a friend if he ever seen snowblowers on the road... Gives me a 1964 snowbird. I'm in the processes of fixing it. It does use points, but picked up a soild state coil and now have spark. I got it to fire but have to keep hand over carb inlet to stay running (not enough gas going in) the one part I missed for the carb rebuild was the pickup tube lol and it's cracked. As far as the rest of the machine everything seems to be in working order. Not even rotting out.

Then ask him about reel to reel tape deck... Gives me an Akai 1710w which is about 1960 all tube driven. I have a few tube radios I've fixed up. The play back selector was the only problem, i loaded up a reel after taking off the face plate and moving the levers by hand. The SOB played back and sounds really good (like most tube amps) it has built in speakers but can be hooked up using line in and out jacks. When playing a 1957 recording it really puts ya back in time. Over the years I've pulled reel to reels out the trash cleaned them up fixed them for nothing and sold them for about 150-200 on ebay. So if you ever see one keep me in mind :)

At work (offices in an old Mill) there's an old Hi-Fi Chest...Record player, Radio and an 8 track...cool old looking thing. Just collects dust.

My dad has an old wollensack reel to reel with a few cool tapes (him interviewing The Who at the old Boston tea Party and him interviewing Sam of Sam the Sham and the Pharos.

RJ

here's a couple of quick pics with the phone. my dad says he was able to find out that the radio was made in 1939 by some company in brooklyn, but doesn't have any value.

looking through the holes in the back you can see all the tubes and stuff in there. it's pretty cool, but yeah it doesn't work!

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-0042.jpg

here's a couple of quick pics with the phone. my dad says he was able to find out that the radio was made in 1939 by some company in brooklyn, but doesn't have any value.

looking through the holes in the back you can see all the tubes and stuff in there. it's pretty cool, but yeah it doesn't work!

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-0042.jpg

Almost looks like a philco.

Back