• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Two and a half weeks till ill be in ATL.. I really cant wait. I have needed a vacation for years..ROFL..

My thoughts exactly LauraSVT... Why isnt it in your driveway yet Jason? :laugh:

I know... Cause theres a long thin leather thing beating you, telling you NO..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Two and a half weeks till ill be in ATL.. I really cant wait. I have needed a vacation for years..ROFL..

My thoughts exactly LauraSVT... Why isnt it in your driveway yet Jason? :laugh:

I know... Cause theres a long thin leather thing beating you, telling you NO..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey, she told me yes.......:crazy:

http://duluth.craigslist.org/car/671834896.html
hmmmmmm even if it is half a pile it might be worth it

Haha, my Minnesota friend, you may not know of what you speak!

I bought a 1994 for a nickel, then put $11,000 grand into it. In addition to being four years newer, it also had about 40K fewer miles -- 132,900. Admittedly, I'm picky, but just keep in mind that you may end up spending more than you planned on. When my car was done, she was pretty great, but that was a ton of money. :cool:

Yup, just dated myself by responding to a post in the audio forum about cassette decks. Well, with about 450 cassettes, I've got experience with 'em. :cool:

Yeah I know. He has a mirko, that exhaust and a door for me. :nonono: Kim keeps ragging on me for not going either but then I remembered I can't go because I can't take a day off work next week because it is property tax time.....we aren't allowed to take a day off....even if we are gravely ill :laugh: But if someone is will to haul some stuff back for me...................:shrug:

Well, if I leave right afterwork, I could get there at around 2 a.m. Saturday. :laugh: And then drive home later saturday. :crazy:

I am sure with the amount of energy drinks that I would need to drink, my kidneys woudn't like me too much.

Case of Mello Yello and a bucket on the floor in front of you for when you need to spell relief. You'll make really good time without all those pit stops. :laugh:

Case of Mello Yello and a bucket on the floor in front of you for when you need to spell relief. You'll make really good time without all those pit stops. :laugh:

Yeah, I normally don't stop whenever I have to drive someplace. Going home from Mankato was normally about 4 1/2 hours and I would just drive. Sometimes it would be over 5 hours if I hit Cities rushhour traffic.

That's it? You've gotta do 8 hours with no stops ;) Just need a really big tank or really good gas mileage and a large bladder :laugh:

When we took our truck to the cities to get the parts car we thought it would be a good idea to fill up whenever one tank would start to get low and then switch over to the other one after that. We filled up 4 times just to get to near the zoo and back. :laugh:

But that has to be one of the most industructable engines ever created.

Oh, they're good mills, and I like them plenty, but you can find a better deal with lower milage. Think someone out there has the wild child 1992 Bonneville SSEi in good shape? Those things were overstyled, but I always liked 'em, and you've got the supercharger like the GS you mentioned.

th_sm_POBSCL0050272.jpg

On the subject of bulletproof engines -- the Ford 302, the Chrysler slant-six, and the Ford 4.9 liter straight six all deserve mention. I'm also a big fan of Ford's modular 4.6 overhead cammers.

I just like the styling of the GS more than the SSEi or even the GTP (too common around here and too many people know what it is). The only way you can tell the GS is by the two tone paint and the GS on the back. That plus it is lighter than the SSEi and smaller. I am not a fan of bigger cars. The Regal is about as big of a car as I would get. I think the SVT is about perfect sized in my book.

And where I live we don't have a whole lot of low milage cars like this sitting around. People buy them to drive them. And to get anyplace you normally have a decent amount of distance to drive. 60 miles away one way to do "decent" shopping in Duluth. A lot of people do that every other weekend or go down to the Twin Cities once a month or every other month. And that is 250 miles one way.

Last edited:
Back